Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda and Toyota are not Chevy Ford or Dodge

Comment

My suggestion, keep doing what you are doing. Be patient, check around town, don't be afraid to drive an hour or two, and you will find the price you are looking for.

I did that with a car I bought 2 months ago. I had been looking for about a year. Finally found one close to what I was willing to pay, so I put in an even lower offer, and paid what I considered fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Just another reason I don’t buy new cars. Not worth the hassle when I can save several thousand on a 2-4 year old used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        Because you’d rather haggle with a used car guy???

Lmao!!

Comment

I just bought my second Nissan Vehicle. The first was a Titan XD which I negotiated 14k off of the sticker. The second which I bought this past Saturday was an Armada for the wife. Negotiated 10k off sticker.

Comment

it is no wonder this big middle-man business is trying to keep tesla from selling directly to the consumer.

my last car purchase was a brand new 2016 toyota 4runner. i did it all over the phone and it took less than 45 minutes. got the price i wanted based on edmunds and consumer reports pricing.

if you want a white glove car buying service, check out https://www.goseeted.com/
            or go to a place like Sewell in Dallas - they truly are a different kind of dealer.

Comment

I bought a 2018 tacoma the other day. Internet price was $21,150, or something. Went to dealership they offered $21,700. I'm like how come the internet price is $550 cheaper.... "Oh that's a third party we don't really have access to that system". Dude it's your dealerships website....

Fast forward: Next day I see a 4 door Tacoma on tehre for MSRP $27,800, internet price is $23,500... I call them and say if I can walk out the door at $25K TTL included, I'll come buy it today. Ended up getting it for $23,150 plus TTL for $25K, and I told the finance guy all this spill your about to give me, just stop I don't want it. They were like ok no problem, they quickly realized they weren't making their money off extended warranty etc from me....

Atkinson Toyota in Bryan is where I went, and I'd go back after they were actually friendly and worked with me once they realized I wasn't a sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                I bought a 2018 tacoma the other day. Internet price was $21,150, or something. Went to dealership they offered $21,700. I'm like how come the internet price is $550 cheaper.... "Oh that's a third party we don't really have access to that system". Dude it's your dealerships website....

Fast forward: Next day I see a 4 door Tacoma on tehre for MSRP $27,800, internet price is $23,500... I call them and say if I can walk out the door at $25K TTL included, I'll come buy it today. Ended up getting it for $23,150 plus TTL for $25K, and I told the finance guy all this spill your about to give me, just stop I don't want it. They were like ok no problem, they quickly realized they weren't making their money off extended warranty etc from me....

Atkinson Toyota in Bryan is where I went, and I'd go back after they were actually friendly and worked with me once they realized I wasn't a sucker.

Just curious which Tacoma 2018 was $21K? Single cab, 2wd, stock? Sorry just curious.

Comment

I have never bought a Honda or Toyota, etc., but I understand they don't normally 'deal' off the price as much as GMC, Ford, etc.
                  However, the whole 'True Car' thing makes me laugh. Their commercials say 'the way car buying should be' - but, for whom?
                  Their information about what similar cars are selling for in your particular area is obtained from . . . the very car dealerships that want to sell you the vehicle. Do you think those car dealerships submit those vehicle sales that were on razor thin margins at the end of the month/quarter? Of course not. They submit the figures that reflect the prices at which they want to sell all of their vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                    Just curious which Tacoma 2018 was $21K? Single cab, 2wd, stock? Sorry just curious.
                    2wd extended cab, but they don't even have backseats in them now so may as well be like a single cab with extra room.

Got the 2wd 4 cylinder 4 door base for $23,150. I just needed something to get to and from work at times, and to the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      2wd extended cab, but they don't even have backseats in them now so may as well be like a single cab with extra room.

Got the 2wd 4 cylinder 4 door base for $23,150. I just needed something to get to and from work at times, and to the lease.
                      You should be good for 30 years

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Just another reason I don’t buy new cars. Not worth the hassle when I can save several thousand on a 2-4 year old used one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                        x2

Buying used is so much easier. Lookup trade in value of what you are trying to buy (KBB & NADA), add $1000, and use that as a starting point for negotiation as trade in should be pretty close to what they paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Because you’d rather haggle with a used car guy???

Lmao!!
                          I got lucky buying a used truck. The salesman really wanted to buy it for himself but he already had a reliable car in his driveway. I got a steal!

I swear people get dumber each day. It seems the vast majority don't even look at prices anymore. When I ask about prices on this new house I'm building I get a stupid stare a lot of the time. I'm thinking...How in the bleep bleep do other people not even ask what stuff costs? Sorry I'm bothering you asking if these cabinets will be $3,000 or $30,000 LOL

Comment

I like buying vehicles. I got some cheap and paid to much for others.
                            The secret is being able to just walk away if you don't like the price offered, and not trying to squeeze every last penny out of the guy selling it to you.

I do not know of any brick and mortar businesses that can survive long on 5% profit.
                            And I guarantee car dealerships do not.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                              You should be good for 30 years
                              Yep tinted windows, leveled it, added nerf bar, added fender flares all myself for $900. Looks like the 4x4 just isn't hehe

Comment

Buying is all about who has the leverage. Plain and simple.

I bought a Tundra last year. The guy wasn't gonna come down off the price. I pulled my phone out and starting swiping the screen from bottom to top showing him all the Tundra's at other dealerships I could get better deals. Reality started to set in. They know their best opportunity for a sale is right then. Most people don't come back.

He said hold on a second. He came back and said, I will let you have it for that price and we will install leather. Deal? I said, draw up the paperwork.

Successful negotiating means both sides are satisfied. When both parties can walk away from the table feeling they got something, its a good deal for both.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                                X