Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new zero turn (need opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferris. Great ride. Own two. 72 and 48. Both great machines. If u decide on Ferris PM me and I will tell u where to buy for cheaper than u can find in Texas delivered to ur door.

I like Kubota also mainly for the easy swing up deck. Never driven one but have a friend that owns two diesel machines for commercial use.

Comment

I love my ferris IS2100Z

Comment

I have two Gravely 60" Pro-turns and am very happy with both. I can't speak for the other brands personally. It's probably a matter of personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been running our Exmark with a kawasaki motor for probably 10 years now. I have only had to replace one idler pulley on the deck and regular maintenance. I mow close to 2 acres with it. Been a good mower.

Comment

I have a Gravely Proturn 460 and love it.

That being said, you need to go test drive them. You will see the big differences in each machine. Ferris is really nice with a coil over suspension. My gravely has a suspension seat. My dad's Skag will shake you to death if you have a rough yard. If I were to buy again, it would be Ferris, Gravely or Hustler. Ferris for the full suspension. Gravely for great all around mower, hustler is a big cheaper than the rest for the same specs. I love Kubota and wanted their ZD diesel mower. Id check them out as well.

I would not buy Skag (great mower but price is a killer), Bad Boy I didnt like due to what felt like a mushy response with the hydraulics. JD I believe is made in China.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

I have a bad boy zt elite 60" and I love it, I think all of the zero turns are kind of similar these days. Probably can't go wrong with any of them.

Comment

Currently running a Scag TT2 with the vanguard efi 37hp. Have owned and put over 500 hours on gravely proturn and bobcat fastcat pro.

This is only my opinion but from mowers ive looked at and ridden the “you get what you pay for” stands out with the Scag TT2 and Gravely proturn 460. The bobcats if you have a dealer are a great mower for the price in my opinion way better than hustler or babdboy.
                  But when you step up to the bigs its noticeable. The Scag and gravely have an excellent ride, tight sticks ie:steering, and dont bog when mowing thick or wet grass.

Difference between gravely and scag is the scag TT2 has better hydro’s and a drive shaft vs. a belt that can and will loosen or slip when mowing. Both are excellent climbers on steep terrain and the new vanguard is a gas saver vs the kawasakis i have had in the past.

Go out look and test ride you will hear, see and feel the difference between the cheaper rides vs the higher end models.

Comment

Bought s Hustler 54 SD on Saturday. We have a Hustler at the ranch as well. Payed $3750 OTD with ag exempt
                    Attached Files

Comment

We have an Exmark and it has worked perfectly for our needs. The mower was submerged under water for a week during Hurricane Harvey and after draining the lines/changing out filters- she is running like a tank.

Comment

hustler,, great mowers sure like mine

Comment

Have a new Bad Boy mower and love it. Your a good ways from Goldthwaite are I would have my Nephew contact you. He works for Hoffpauir Polaris in Goldthwaite. His name is Michael if your interested in traveling that far, tell him uncle Mark said to give him a call. They have a website.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparzo View Post
                            Hustler 60” +Kawasaki engine=fun to mow

Comment

Originally posted by Krk77486 View Post
                              Well after 12 years of running my John deere , the motor finally gave out.
                              Originally posted by txarcher View Post
                              My dad had a new motor put in his JD z series last summer for $600.00. It was a brand new motor and they did it at the jd house.
                              I'd be getting one of these $600 jewels and keeping that 12 year old JD working.

Comment

Originally posted by txarcher View Post
                                My dad had a new motor put in his JD z series last summer for $600.00. It was a brand new motor and they did it at the jd house.

You may want to go back and look at your dads reciept. New 23hp kawasaki online is about $1800 and not a direct replacement. New 25hp is about $1900. 26hp honda conversion kit is $2400 and needs a little fab work toget it on there. These prices are for MOTOR ONLY. Direct replacement kawasaki from john deere is over $3k plus labor. May be worth the drive to the dealer your dad used if your numbers are correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X