Texas hunter products deer stands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas hunter products deer stands?

I'm going to buy a tower blind to set up on a lease in East Texas.
    I have bought several Texas hunter deer feeders and they have served me well.
    Has any one hunted out of their blinds?
    They are $1,500.00 cheaper than the Red Neck blinds I bought for the farm so I'm looking at them pretty hard

No experience on their blinds, but I sure do enjoy the tailgate feeder we have! The wireless remote makes things so much cleaner and easier.

Comment

I have a 4x4 on a 5" tower and it's a nice blind. It's been out for 4 years and shows no sign of wear. It's not water tight though. In a heavy rain mine leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
        I have a 4x4 on a 5" tower and it's a nice blind. It's been out for 4 years and shows no sign of wear. It's not water tight though. In a heavy rain mine leaks.
        I bought one back in 2005 and will not buy another. Whatever it is they used at the time for the walls warped so bad you can hardly open the windows and the door. I found it to be noisy and a bit rickety. It's not water-tight and seems to be a preferred nesting site for wasps. Lots and lots of wasps.

I paid a small fortunate for it and wound up giving it to a buddy of mine who hunts on the lease. He's still using it but if he ever wanted to get rid of it I'd just as soon burn it where it stands.

Comment

I have one on a 20ft tower in south Texas. Its a really good stand but the ladder is narrow and the blind walls seem thin. I put a heavier floor in it and some extra braces. I didn't feel it would hold me up very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            I bought one back in 2005 and will not buy another. Whatever it is they used at the time for the walls warped so bad you can hardly open the windows and the door. I found it to be noisy and a bit rickety. It's not water-tight and seems to be a preferred nesting site for wasps. Lots and lots of wasps.

I paid a small fortunate for it and wound up giving it to a buddy of mine who hunts on the lease. He's still using it but if he ever wanted to get rid of it I'd just as soon burn it where it stands.
            guess that is why it is $1,000 cheaper
            Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              Thanks for the info
              Marty, have you looked at the Dillon blinds ? I have two 5.5'x5.5' and really like them. They will customize the interior within reason, i.e., different window placement and shelf placement. You can talk to the owner, order what you want, and have it delivered to the Tractor Supply where you want to pick it up. I have the phone number if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Thanks for the info
                I'm sure it is. If you want something in the TX Hunter Products price-point I would consider The Blynd. Their new full-size door and window upgrade kit are great and I actually find they don't let winged-critters in too bad at all.

If, however, you don't mind spending the money, Ranch Kings can't be beat. That's all I'll ever buy anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  I have one on a 20ft tower in south Texas. Its a really good stand but the ladder is narrow and the blind walls seem thin. I put a heavier floor in it and some extra braces. I didn't feel it would hold me up very well.
                  The narrow ladder is my only complaint with them

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    I'm sure it is. If you want something in the TX Hunter Products price-point I would consider The Blynd.

If, however, you don't mind spending the money, Ranch Kings can't be beat. .
                    I agree 100% with the above. Especially if you have a blynd in the shade.

Big pig

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Marty, have you looked at the Dillon blinds ? I have two 5.5'x5.5' and really like them. They will customize the interior within reason, i.e., different window placement and shelf placement. You can talk to the owner, order what you want, and have it delivered to the Tractor Supply where you want to pick it up. I have the phone number if you need it.
                      I had a couple of 20 year old dillons but figured they were up into the $3,000.00 range

At my age I dont figure i will get to hunt long enough to justify anther $3,000 blind

Comment

Working...
                      X