Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all school me on the TPW youth hunt process.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all school me on the TPW youth hunt process.

I created a profile, will they email me when the hunt dates become available?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

First off Big Thicket, The THYP is the best deal going for youth hunting. My son shot his first deer, hog, & turkey on TYHP hunts. They do an outstanding job of education and outdoors skills at the kids level. If any kids are not into it, they don't push.
    The hunts are already listed. You have to browse through them and sign up for the one's that you would like to put your name in the hat for. They use to give the kids that have not hunted in their program preferential treatment on the drawings. Look under "Youth Hunt Schedule". Find the hunt that lines up with your area and your schedule and starting signing up. The Hunt Master will e-mail you pretty quick once the drawing is done and they will let you know anything that you need.
    Good Luck!

Comment

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

TPWD will post their youth hunts when the other draw hunts become available. That is usually sometime in July.

TYHP is a totally separate deal. Kids 9-16 are eligible to hunt. Kids must have competed their Hunters Education prior to attending a hunt. Click on Youth Hunt Schedule and apply for any open hunts that interest your kid. It's a great program!

Comment

TYHP is a great program. Grandson killed his first deer sat on his first hunt with them.
          First time hunters in the program get to the top of the list. If you're recruited into the program by someone that's already hunted, the recruiting hunter automatically gets on the same hunt with him.
          PM if you need more details and I'll send my #

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

When you apply for a hunt, be sure in the comments section to let them know that it is first time applying, looking for first harvest, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
              TYHP is a great program. Grandson killed his first deer sat on his first hunt with them.
              First time hunters in the program get to the top of the list. If you're recruited into the program by someone that's already hunted, the recruiting hunter automatically gets on the same hunt with him.
              PM if you need more details and I'll send my #

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
              I'm not much help on how the process works but I can tell you I was impressed with the program. We hosted a hunt last weekend and the huntmasters did a great job with the kids. I was lucky enough to be there for the recovery on the deer in the pic. Great program and all the people involved were fantastic.

Comment

This is the best program going!

Comment

You're to old

Comment

My son participated in his first TYHP hunt this past weekend. He was fortunate enough to harvest two does and was awarded a hunting knife as one of the outstanding participants for the weekend.
                    As a parent I was thorough impressed. It's a great program. I'm new to the TYHP, but will definitely be involved in it for long term. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Comment

My son Juan and I had a great time at the Super Hunt. He took two white tail does and an axis doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X