No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White oaks are spotty. Pinoaks and red oaks loaded. if you find a whiteoak thats dropping, all the deer will be there. Since your married and all....you should just lease that Kennard place to Me, Johnny, and Jooger!

Comment

From the house i have a 250 yard right of way with a pop up set up at the end leading into an oak flat/sanctuary briar thicket mess. Right at 4:00 just happened to glance out the window and buck standing at the end eating hand corn. May be a good afternoon, but I have errands to run.
      Last edited by Capt.Bryan; 10-11-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

So I have this doe who has a big fawn on her that has busted me three different times well I changed up my set up and guess who is walking in. She better hope she don't give me a shot, cause I hate a blowing doe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently trying to peg me where I have been set up no shot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
            Currently trying to peg me where I have been set up no shot yet.

Get that *****!

Comment

So I have this doe who has a big fawn on her that has busted me three different times well I changed up my set up and guess who is walking in. She better hope she don't give me a shot, cause I hate a blowing doe.

Send her one for me while I finish up some homework.
              If she blows she goes! For deer that is....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Mature buck are pouring into my handcorn piles right now in full light.
                I still have much to learn from your posts. The buck I am after is a 45min after dark type. You can almost put him to a timer. Smart old 8. I only have 7 acres to work with so maybe he get dumb soon.

Comment

Well she never saw me and the fawn walked under me. She blew out once she got 30yards.. circled out to about 70 and came back to 25 with no shot, stood around and blew out again. I checked the wind the entire time it was always in my favor. She better tread lightly and watch her back cause I have an arrow with her name wrote all over it. She isn't doing anything but keeping my bucks from coming in.

Comment

White oaks are spotty. Pinoaks and red oaks loaded. if you find a whiteoak thats dropping, all the deer will be there. Since your married and all....you should just lease that Kennard place to Me, Johnny, and Jooger!

I love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well she never saw me and the fawn walked under me. She blew out once she got 30yards.. circled out to about 70 and came back to 25 with no shot, stood around and blew out again. I checked the wind the entire time it was always in my favor. She better tread lightly and watch her back cause I have an arrow with her name wrote all over it. She isn't doing anything but keeping my bucks from coming in.

I'd grab my climber and set up where she's coming from, so while shes focused on busting you at the corn, you bust her. Easier said than done. Them old woman don't play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m back in the same set as this morning. Wind is still in my favor. Corn pile is 20 yds away. Any mature doe will get a slick trick. There is a jacked up looking spike that has become a regular. He walked by me Sunday morning at 0615. I new a deer was there just didn’t know what. Camera gave me the evidence. It will be a game time decision for him. Saw a pretty decent buck cruising this morning. Didn’t get a real good look. Maybe something will slip up tonight

Comment

I dont have any buddies i would show this spot too!

Comment

Well, it's dark... anybody score? I was out spraying my truck down with the pressure washer... gonna FINALLY pick up my new '18 in the morning and turn this one in so I missed a few posts...

Comment

Today was a great day to be in the woods also waiting for updates!

Comment

Saw 4 does in the pasture walking out

Comment

Working...
                                X