Switching shooting styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
    Guys, there was nothing misleading in the original post. If you look at his name and read the question he asked, it can't be too hard to see that he was asking said question in hopes of soliciting information that might help him help other people inflicted with TP.
    Just a guy looking to see what other people might think could be helpful.

The BUTTHURT is strong today for sure.

Snowflakes unite......
    I never said it was hard to distinguish his intent. As a matter of fact I called it for what it blatantly was, a marketing ploy to sell TP Guru advice. I hope the guy helps a million people with their TP. He/l I may need his program after today. But If I do I'll look him up at the camp fire or on the classified page.

Bottom line is some of us didn't agree with the post or it's intent, some of us did and saw a completely different intent. I really don't think anyone actually cares in the big scheme of things.

That being said there is really no need for name calling. Myself included (the king of trad ) comment was uncalled for and unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
      Who doesn't experience some increased anxiety when they draw on an animal?
      That's part of the rush. The first time I tried to draw on a bear at 15 yards I couldn't pull my bow back. Took 10 minutes to regain my composure and make the shot. That's why I love it. Was that target panic? I don't know, but I did not require therapy or a safe space to be able to shoot again. I have friends that are deadly on 3D bucks but can't make the same shot on a live buck. They just let themselves get too shook up. The key is controlling the adrenaline rush enough to make a good shot.
      There is a difference between excitement and anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoa this escalated quickly. Yeah, if you have been here a while, you know AJ the TP (Target Panic) Guru sells stuff to help with Target Panic. I think it is completely reasonable for the guy to ask a group of Trad guys whether or not Trad guys would be willing to give up Trad to fix TP issues encountered while shooting Trad. Plenty of guys ask questions on this forum about their business and who would prefer this or that. Personally, I didn't see any hidden agenda... and if anything, it sparked a good conversation about what Target Panic is. Target Panic is a real thing. Granted there are debates all over the place on how to diagnose it... what forms it comes in... and more importantly how to fix or prevent it, but I didn't see it as a sales pitch personally. So, I answered the man's question. Probably the shortest response I have ever given. I also wouldn't use submliminal/relaxation CDs either, but that question wasn't asked

So in same vein... why didn't the pitch forks come out for this post a week or so back?

I didn't see anybody get all fired up about that blatant sales post on the trad forum.
        Last edited by SwampRabbit; 08-09-2017, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The OP seemed like a question to me, not sure why it got heated? I've never had TP but know several guys that do, and I want nothing to do with it!

FYI shanking a shot, excitement on the shot, and so on, isn't necessarily TP.

Comment

I've been on TBH a while. Had no idea who this guy was until it was pointed out that all you had to do was look at the name of the poster to know what it was about.

I do not see a problem with the meat thread other than where it was posted which was why I asked that guy if it was for trad bow hunters only.

I don't give a rip if this "guru" sells his service here or not. Snake oil is snake oil no matter which section it's in. I had no clue it was a sales pitch until the first reply I posted earlier.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
              FYI shanking a shot, excitement on the shot, and so on, isn't necessarily TP.
              Agreed. Plucking, dead release, torquing, flinching (a different subconscious issue due to physical feedback), and dropping your bow arm are not TP.

Actually flinching is a good parrallel example of how TP works. Everybody understands flinching. Your brain reacts to physical stress it has recieved over time. I see TP in the same light, except it is your mind reacting to an different type of stress.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

The man was just asking for opinions.

Comment

I did not take it as a solicitation.

Comment

I've considered putting a set of sights on my recurve several times and still might do so. Not so much for TP but to flatten that learning curve a bit.

Richard.

Comment

There's definitely certain guys that should only read these threads instead of posting on them. Consistently causing problems!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I've been on TBH a while. Had no idea who this guy was until it was pointed out that all you had to do was look at the name of the poster to know what it was about.

I do not see a problem with the meat thread other than where it was posted which was why I asked that guy if it was for trad bow hunters only.

I don't give a rip if this "guru" sells his service here or not. Snake oil is snake oil no matter which section it's in. I had no clue it was a sales pitch until the first reply I posted earlier.

Once again, not a sales pitch or solicitation. Where in the post is anything offered for sale?
                        Easy to say disparaging remarks about a product you've never used and know little about.

Comment

The real problem is the guys who think only their voice should be heard on these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            The real problem is the guys who think only their voice should be heard on these threads.

I know, I said I was out, but that's just another stab at me, so I'll respond.

My posts consisted of two things.

(1) My reply to Andy's question, and reasoning behind it.

(2) Trying to explain WHY Andy had every right to create such a topic, and how beneficial it might be to those who need the help.

Sponsors Pay for such privileges. If you don't like their product/services, then fine, but attacking them for something they pay to get to do is asinine to say the least, and quite possibly against the forum rules.

My posts here are almost always an effort to support & enhance this sport, and to support & enhance this forum board. You can go back, and read through the history of my posts for confirmation of that.

You will also find, that if I am wrong I admit it, and if I get out of line I apologize for it. This is neither of those case.

I could go on, but in the interest of not getting nasty (I could with plenty of examples, and facts) about it, I'll stop.

Rick

Comment

Actually featherflinger said that some guys should only read and not post.

Comment

You're right it's hard to argue with facts.
                                I'm proud of you DRT, it takes a big man to admit he's wrong.
                                Last edited by shortstroke 91; 08-09-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X