No announcement yet.

Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my dog squirell hunting a few weeks ago just to see what he would do.

Its pretty thick, but not as bad as GV can be.

Oh and the dog just wanted to chase everything that moved.

Comment

Seen the hogs again.

Comment

And again

Comment

Kill any lately, Pervis?

Comment

Thats the hardest part. I can find em no doubt. It's just crazy crazy thick. I can get close to em too. Def bow range, but no shot. Caught 2 catfish and 5 bass the other day, saw 3 hogs on the bank

Comment

It was good yesterday.

Comment

Anyone remember the dates for the 2018-2019 permits? Should be in the next week or so, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Usually they start giving them out on August 15th. Same day as new hunting license.
                  Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  Anyone remember the dates for the 2018-2019 permits? Should be in the next week or so, right?

Comment

Lake Lewisville’s Greenbelt

If anyone is headed to the Greenbelt on Lake Lewisville, take a machete. Even the trails are over grown, and almost impossible to navigate. I was there tonight, didn’t see any pork, but the signs are all there. Could be a good year to get some bacon!

Comment

Headed out to the army corps side this morning. Maybe I’ll fill a freezer, maybe I’ll just end up a muddy, mosquito ridden mess.
                      No telling really.

Comment

Well, I didn’t run into any pigs.. but I’ve decided to carry some throw away arrows because I could have shot several moccasins.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          Well, I didn’t run into any pigs.. but I’ve decided to carry some throw away arrows because I could have shot several moccasins.

I've been wanting to head out there but the thought of mosquitos and head high grass/weeds has kept me home.

Comment

Is greenbelt parking at 380 open again? Haven't been through there in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                              Is greenbelt parking at 380 open again? Haven't been through there in a while.
                              I didn’t get a city permit in time for it to matter for me. I had a work trip pull me out of state while they were available. I believe the gate is still closed for the whole area. There are a lot of limbs and whole trees down throughout the entire floodplain that make the area dang near useless.

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                              I've been wanting to head out there but the thought of mosquitos and head high grass/weeds has kept me home.

Man, it has gotten thick in there this year. The poison ivy, flame leaf sumac, and various vines are definitely THICK this year.
                              I went over a mile and a half south of 380 on the east shore of the river. There were some decent deer tracks, some old pig rooting, and very little fresh scat (of any species). I walked the whole time into the south wind, so nothing winded me before I got there.
                              NADA. No vocalizations at a distance, no bumping a sounder... nothing.
                              It kind of makes me wonder if I am too early, or there is too much ground available above 380 (where I didn’t get a permit).
                              I will try canoeing down hickory creek sometime in the next couple weeks... see if my fortunes turn. I’m really needing some wild pig in the freezer, so hopefully I can get on them.
                              Heck, I couldn’t sneeze last year without sticking a pig. Now, I’m zero for 3.

Comment

Anybody wana go find a hog in the rain? Ive got a few hours i can get out.

Comment

Working...
                                X