Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
    They grow up so fast......

Did somebody say Nilgai steaks?! Thursday night is sounding great! I'm bringing venison and quail diablo's, like last year, along with a few other items.
    Yes sir, we did pretty good in South Texas a few weeks back, thanks to the Granger Ranger Laguna recon unit that was there before us! We Granger Rangers now own unit 3 at Laguna!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
      Yes sir, we did pretty good in South Texas a few weeks back, thanks to the Granger Ranger Laguna recon unit that was there before us! We Granger Rangers now own unit 3 at Laguna!
      Delicious animals right there! It's crazy that I barely knew anything about those animals 6 months ago, now I will be putting in for Laguna every year.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok. I've got the bow ready, fletched 20 arrows and have some sharp broadheads to go with. A few thumpers for small game as well. Fishing?? Are we bringing rods/reels or running trot lines? I can build a quick packing rod for fishing. Bow fishing? Bird hunting with the bow allowed?

Is it pretty much anything I can kill/catch I can eat? Just making sure folks as I don't plan to starve for two days. I mean there's enough calories in beer for a short time but I like meat.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
          Ok. I've got the bow ready, fletched 20 arrows and have some sharp broadheads to go with. A few thumpers for small game as well. Fishing?? Are we bringing rods/reels or running trot lines? I can build a quick packing rod for fishing. Bow fishing? Bird hunting with the bow allowed?

Is it pretty much anything I can kill/catch I can eat? Just making sure folks as I don't plan to starve for two days. I mean there's enough calories in beer for a short time but I like meat.

Richard.
          Yes bring fishing rods (and reels, Lol), jug lines and trot lines. Anything killed with a bow can be eaten, including birds and red eared sliders...

ONLY 25 days left!

Comment

I have a keg lines up for Saturday afternoon!

FYI - I'm getting it from Circleville Store, they're doing kegs now.

Comment

I felt the need to follow up with my order...512 Pecan Porter keg is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I hugged the keg lady....she might get a wet sloppy kiss tomorrow.
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-30-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

How does the hog tag situation work? I have been out of the loop for a long time, but have followed this hunt every year. I am trying my best to get out of work for a couple days and meet ya'll out there. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                  How does the hog tag situation work? I have been out of the loop for a long time, but have followed this hunt every year. I am trying my best to get out of work for a couple days and meet ya'll out there. Thanks
                  Very simple, you either get them at the Taylor Wal-Mart sporting goods counter, Duchess or the Taylor Park Entry gate (But I wouldn't count on them being there). They are FREE but CORPS does require you to fill out the tag and put them in the drop box located at all the public parking areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    I felt the need to follow up with my order...512 Pecan Porter keg is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! I hugged the keg lady....she might get a wet sloppy kiss tomorrow.
                    Nice score there!

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
                      Circleville store, Duchess and Taylor walmart has them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks like it's sizing up to be a great hunt.

Comment

Keg payments:

I will be collecting money for kegs this year in an effort to make it simpler; let's face it, most that come to this hunt are simple minded.

IF you plan on drinking from the kegs, or a keg, just send money to this PayPal address/link:

paypal.me/GRXH

I will then send the money to those who brought the kegs to pay them back. Any money left over will be used to buy ice for the kegs. Any money left after that will be used next year for the same purpose.

If you do not give money and plan on drinking from the kegs, you can pay with cash at the hunt or bring ice for the kegs in payment. It takes about 2 120 quart coolers of ice per day per keg.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            Keg payments:

I will be collecting money for kegs this year in an effort to make it simpler; let's face it, most that come to this hunt are simple minded.

IF you plan on drinking from the kegs, or a keg, just send money to this PayPal address/link:

Go to paypal.me/GRXH and type in the amount. Since it’s PayPal, it's easy and secure. Don’t have a PayPal account? No worries.

I will then send the money to those who brought the kegs to pay them back. Any money left over will be used to buy ice for the kegs. Any money left after that will be used next year for the same purpose.

If you do not give money and plan on drinking from the kegs, you can pay with cash at the hunt or bring ice for the kegs in payment. It takes about 2 120 quart coolers of ice per day per keg.
                            I usually just drink my own tall boys, but I'll bring ice for the cause. We good on seasonings and cooking supplies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the call yesterday...keg procured locally and waiting in the cooler for pickup...itll stay there until the week of the hunt.

Yee Hawg!
                              Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-02-2018, 09:15 AM. Reason: DeleteFuglySpake

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                Very simple, you either get them at the Taylor Wal-Mart sporting goods counter, Duchess or the Taylor Park Entry gate (But I wouldn't count on them being there). They are FREE but CORPS does require you to fill out the tag and put them in the drop box located at all the public parking areas.
                                +1

And make sure you get the unit wide tags, they should still have plenty. We move around a lot and you don't want to be confined to just one unit!

Comment

Working...
                                X