Need legal interpretation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need legal interpretation

We have a guy on the lease who is breaking the rules.
    He let his buddy hunt alone and drive the property alone and one of the rules say guests must be accompanied.

He got a written warning and was instructed to follow the rules in the lease that he signed. He said he didn’t read the lease so he didn’t know. No excuses...sorry. You signed it.

This weekend he’s up there again with his buddy and shoots a young 8. Decent buck, but he didn’t fill out the game log for the mgmt coop, didn’t gut it and dispose of the carcass correctly (did it in the field, and lease rules say at the cleaning station), and didn’t submit a pic.

He finally texted in a pic.

The other 5 guys on the lease are livid that he hasn’t been immediately removed from the lease by the landowner, who assured us that if he broke the rules he was done.

She is worried about the legality of it since he’s paid for the season.

I have attached the portion on the lease that I interpret as saying she can terminate anyone at anytime for violating the rules.

Am I reading that correctly?

Looks good to me, but im no lawyer also

Comment

According to what I read...it says she can boot him right now.
      Adios...get your stuff...bye.

Hoping a layer on here will verify that.

Comment

I'm reading that it is the 'landlord's discretion'. If he doesn't follow the rules then he doesn't stay.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
          According to what I read...it says she can boot him right now.
          Adios...get your stuff...bye.

Hoping a layer on here will verify that.
          This^^^

Comment

He would be gone

Comment

Adios!

Skinny

Comment

Number 1 seems to govern statutory laws, and not lease regulations. At least that is the way I'm reading it. Don't know if completing the book is a lease requirement or is it covered by Law, as is sending a pic to somebody.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gone!!!

Comment

Doesn't matter if he's paid for the season. He signed the agreement, then he broke that agreement and will now forfeit his money.
                    He has no legal ground to stand on. He is in breach of contract and can be removed.

Comment

Does the contract address termination and loss of payment if done?

Comment

He has already harvested a deer so I don't see why he wouldn't lose his payment.

Comment

Document, document, document. Places, dates, times, names.

Comment

Looks legit to me

Comment

Agree with the others, but If it sits better for the landowner & having peace of mind, then have her pro-rate a refund...regardless, the guy needs to go for the sake of the other members & get back to having a good time.

Comment

Working...
                              X