Blackened Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackened Redfish

Blackened Redfish served over homemade cheese grits. Simple and Delicious! Take a fillet of redfish and sprinkle some Old Bay blackened seasoning on it. Then heat up your cast iron pan and sear it for a few minutes on each side. Once it done put it over your cheese grits and BAM... you have a fancy meal
    Attached Files

Nice,

Going to hit the Crappie on Sam Rayburn this weekend. Gonna have to do this.

Comment

Don't care much for redfish but that looks really tasty!

Comment

Heck ya! That looks amazing!

Comment

Jamesl! That makes two of us... I still have redfish in the freezer and don't think Ill keep another one. This was cooked the same day it was caught so it was fresh but once you freeze fish the quality goes away.

Comment

J-sweet, I hope you catch em! You can't beat crappie no matter how its cooked!

Comment

Oh, dang right!

Comment

I've cooked blacken redfish just by seasoning with zaterans. Dreg through melted butter.(not margarine) and sear in a black iron skillet. Do this outside because the skillet needs to be very hot and its smokes when the fish hits the pan. If you thunk you have it to hot it is probably just right. It only take a couple of minutes on each side.

Comment

Curious, what do yall not like about Redfish? One of my favorites.

Comment

prolly not getting' the red streaks or blood lines outta the meat...that'll leave 'em pretty gamey....just gotta get that red bloody streak outta the fillets...

Comment

My issue with redfish is the texture/taste of the meat after its cooked. It doesn't have that delicate texture like trout or flounder. Its good but its not great...

Comment

We would fry up lots of white bass and crappie off Livingston as a kid. I was taught to fillet by cutting down along the spine behind the gill down to the tail but not to cut through, then flip and take off the skin. Then run the knife along the top of the ribs removing the entire bottom portion to include the blood line and the pull the fat strip off the top, all goes into the trash except the top piece sans blood line and fat. Nothing but clean delicious white flakey fish. I cant stand any blood line or filet that is cooked skin on.

Comment

Comment

Man that looks yummy!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Working...
                              X