Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    Nope.

It will be a total Libtard PC make fun of God, POTUS, and good manners Hollywood left show.
    Nope. Exact same script. I’m watching it. Hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
      Nope. Exact same script. I’m watching it. Hilarious
      Yeah, it's funny.

Comment

The wife's watching, I lost interest came to the GS!

Comment

Glad to hear the reports. I've got it recorded to watch later.

Comment

I thought Marissa as Edith was OK, but didn't like Woody as Archie at all, too over the top. The Jeffersons seems to be a little better. Neither as good as the originals though.

Comment

I found Cool Hand Luke on TCM. No contest. I'll watch Luke every time.

....nobody can eat 50 eggs...

Comment

Woody Harrelson is a good actor but I did not buy him as Archie. For one thing his attempt at a Queens/New York accent was painfully bad. Everybody else was pretty good.

Comment

I worked outside after work until around 8 and by the time I turned the TV on I missed the All in the Family version

But I did have a few smiles while watching the Jeffersons

Comment

Well I'm impressed!

I was not expecting them to recreate the original scripts. I remember seeing both of those episodes back in the day. I enjoyed it. The Jeffersons cast did a better job of acting imo. I did like Edith's performance though. The scene on The Jeffersons when they were opening the door to meet the maid, I thought to myself it would be cool to have the original actor play this part. I was happy to see 88 year old Marla Gibbs appear. Norman Lear, wow! 96 years old, and looks great! Jamie Foxx played a good George Jefferson too. It was fun to watch, and took me back to the days when people had a sense of humor, and didn't get offended so easily. I miss those days.

Comment

I didnt see the first 45 min but the rest was awesome. It was interesting that they didnt bleep honky but did bleep the n word. I really think both shows really show both sides, the good and the bad. Honestly I think we need that now more than ever. Of course, shallow minded idiots cant see past the racial slurs and actually understand what is really going on.

Comment

Jaime Fox did a good job being George with the jacket tugging, head swiveling and quick laughs. Woody had a few of the Archie expressions down OK. Meathead stunk and so did daddys little girl. Tomei was OK but a bit over the top. Good recovery by Fox when he messed up the lines. It was live TV.
                        Creativity must be on its last breath in Hollywood. Everything is being remade.
                        The thing with remakes is we have something to compare them to, instead of seeing them for the first time. I wound up changing channel and watching Wolf chase Bison in Yellowstone.

Comment

Missed it...I was watching Cole get pummeled again

Comment

Cannot even be remotely replicated in this day and time.

Comment

Wife had it on. I watched both shows as a kid. What I saw last night was a complete waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                                Wife had it on. I watched both shows as a kid. What I saw last night was a complete waste of time.

I looked at it as a tribute to the old shows and the man who created them. It is what it is. They were not trying to reinvent the wheel. I thought it was fun to watch. If you were expecting them to somehow be better than the originals then of course it would be disappointing. I don't even think these actors believed they were doing that. Seemed to be like it was all in good fun, and paying tribute.

Comment

Working...
                                X