Clear All

I have a place one of these could be located. Thanks,

Comment

I am going to make me one

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great post. I really like the idea.

Could you move these pretty easily? I understand it's not a popup but the materials can't weigh that much and I guess you could cut the t posts loose, right?

Any updates on how they held up over the season or things you might change?

Comment

cool

Comment

Tagged for future build

Comment

very cool

Comment

Great Idea !

Comment

Don't have any current pics, but they are holding up great. Plans for upgrades include adding some more permanent bow hangers to the insides, better coat of black spraypaint on the insides, and rebrushing the outsides closer to the season. They worked so well that we are gathering materials for 2 more blinds at different locations for different wind diredctions. Also, to answer a previous question, I think they could be moved if the Tposts were cut, but we haven't felt the need. We spent a lot of time planning where to put them BECAUSE they were permanent.

Comment

Hey, did you build it at the lease, or haul it? I was thinking of building one here at the house, but got to thinking how would it ride in the back of the truck.

Comment

No, PI. It was done at the lease. TPosts in first, wrapped panel around, rigged roof, then dipped paint sheets.

After going back and re-reading this thread I really like the idea of some plastic sheeting between the frame of the roof and the paint soaked sheets on the top. Just for some added water proofing for future seasons. On the hunt where I killed the first doe out of one of these, I was sitting in a major down pour fo about an hour. I stayed dry and comfortable, but incase the sun and weather breaks down the material on top I would like to have the assurance of the plastic for the next several years.

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                          No, PI. It was done at the lease. TPosts in first, wrapped panel around, rigged roof, then dipped paint sheets.

After going back and re-reading this thread I really like the idea of some plastic sheeting between the frame of the roof and the paint soaked sheets on the top. Just for some added water proofing for future seasons. On the hunt where I killed the first doe out of one of these, I was sitting in a major down pour fo about an hour. I stayed dry and comfortable, but incase the sun and weather breaks down the material on top I would like to have the assurance of the plastic for the next several years.
                          The paint should protect it enough especially exterior paint. Worst case scenario u just add a new coat every few years.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            The paint should protect it enough especially exterior paint. Worst case scenario u just add a new coat every few years.
                            Yeah, that was the original idea. We noticed when building them that it is very difficult to get the sheets saturated enough for this to work the way its supposed to. The plastic may help if there are any spots on your sheets that are lacking in paint. That or roll on a good heavy coat to the roof the day after the initial construction.

Comment

howd they hold up this season?

Comment

Held up great. Will post pics In a few weeks after my next drive out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X