No announcement yet.

Live CO mule deer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp it poured on me all yesterday evening. Kept raining throughout the night. I was hoping that would make this morning good but no deer.

As far as the hunting higher thing goes there's multiple reasons I'm hunting where I am. First of all I've seen lots of deer in the area, and it's just below the timberline. Most of my hunts have been well above 11k. Secondly, I am determined (stubbornly so) to kill a deer in this immediate area. There is basically one mountain/ridge above the tree line and I have glassed it for hours on both sides and have talked to a few people hunting up there. I am pretty sure the deer aren't bedding above that tree line. Third, I'm sure I could go well south of here where there are plenty of high meadows and glass up deer, but sentimental reasons along with deer sightings are keeping me here.

2.5 days left. Gotta get it done!

Comment

hope your packing one out tonight

Comment

The deer all went into hiding. Very few deer sightings the last few days. Saw a group this morning but couldn't tell if they were bucks. Hiked up 800ft over 3/4 mile but never saw them again. Lots of sign but no deer.

I'm headed home in the morning. Been an enjoyable hunt even without a kill.

Will post more pictures when I get home.

Comment

What kind of tent is that you are using?

Comment

Welp, it was a fun hunt but no meat brought home. Saw lots of deer early but the sighting dropped off dramatically towards the end. I should've shot the first buck I saw early the first morning, but I didn't. The deer are there, just gotta find them and get on them. Hiked up high the last day but didn't see a thing. Going back to elk hunting next year!

The shower after 10 days without was nice!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              What kind of tent is that you are using?
              seek outside 8 man tipi. Absolutely love it.

Comment

Glad you had a fun trip! Bringing meat home is only half the experience

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                  Glad you had a fun trip! Bringing meat home is only half the experience
                  Completely agree. No way to complain about spending a week and a half in the mountains!

Comment

Thanks for taking us along. It was a good hunt even though you didnt fill the freezer. Maybe next time!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X