Another Blind Build - Rifle/Bow Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Blind Build - Rifle/Bow Combo

Well a couple of buddies and I bought a large tract of land in Harrison County and have slowly started adding bow set ups and rifle stands. Life got away from me and the season has snuck up on me. I'm not much of a rifle hunter, but wanted to build a set up for my 3 year old to eventually hunt out of. The set up will be on a small high line right of way (250-300 yard shot one direction, 150 yards in another). By the pipeline is an old rock mining area that has some topsoil on it closer to the ROW. I have a bow window over looking that area an will be setting up a feeder pen for a 15-30 yard shot.

Each side looking down the ROW will get a 36"x12" Deer View deluxe hinged (grey) window. The bow window will get the same. I put a 2-8x6-8 exterior door (installed backwards) and will have a porch and stairs up to the stand. The stand will be set on 8' legs.

The plan is to have a charging station, solar panel, red LED interior lighting, and a deep cycle battery. Pictures to follow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephenska; 09-04-2017, 06:48 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking great

Comment

Nice.

Comment

The only thing I would do next time is use 2x2's instead of 2x4's.
          More room, and a little lighter.
          Is that Smartside Sheets?

Comment

Looking good. Ever did you get the pink boards?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These were pictures from last week. The siding is smart siding. The pink boards mean the studs meet certain dimension and straightness requirements and you can get them at most lumber yards. Since the pictures I carpeted the shooting shelves. I still need to put another coat of paint on the door and to the right of the door. I have a solar panel/charge controller, and led interior lights to install along with the deer view windows when they come in. I need to paint my legs and cross pieces in preparation for the windows coming in and taking this out to set it up.

Comment

Well done. Looks like that one should last awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Well done. Looks like that one should last awhile.
                    gota agree Job well done ...now to move it??????

Comment

Lol. My family and friends have been asking the same question since before I built it. My wife's family has a roll back truck, so I plan to put some 1" or bigger schedule 40 PVC under it and winch it up onto the truck. When I get it to our place I'm going to use a borrowed construction loader with forks to pick it up to put the legs under it. Fingers crossed that nothing happens from point A to point B and while putting it up. I'll post some picks next week with the light/controller/solar panel install.

Comment

Dang man, that looks very nice.

Comment

I like it. That's just about the perfect size. The solar powered lights are a nice touch too.

Comment

Sweet build. Should get many good years of use out of it.

Comment

I like that a charging station and red led lighting in a deer stand, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X