Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how old is he?

Comment

Excellent!!!! Keep up the good work of being a Dad!

Comment

Impressive!!

Comment

Dude! That is just plain freakin awesome! Those are memories that'll stick with him the rest of his life! If all dads were as dedicated as you are this world would be a better place! You get the "dad of the year award" in my book! And I have 3 kids! Lol

Comment

Ha! That's too cool! I think that's the youngest kid I've ever seen anyone take to the stand. I'm amazed you can get one that young to be quiet or still enough to get any animals near you. Really cool.

BTW, you are ALOT more dedicated that I am to go diving and searching for a sunk pig. A deer, sure. Pig, no way!

Comment

Thanks guys! I have to admit that my wife is pretty cool.

Both of these pigs were spot and stalk. I tried setting up a ground blind for him to sit in with me but he is too loud. Even when he is being quiet he breathes too loud. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that killing a deer with a bow with him will be impossible so I've just been working on the hogs. We have had more blown stalks and near kills than I care to think about but things have just been working in our favor lately.

I have an osprey kid carrier that is more comfortable and can carry more weight. That's the one in the first picture. It squeaks a little so when I carry the bow I put him in a Tula. It's nice and light and quiet but he won't ride in it more than a few hours because it has no head support. It's kind of a struggle trying to figure out the best system. In a perfect world I could put him on my front with my kifaru on my back so I could carry out a pig and him at the same time. The problem is I can't shoot with him on my front. So I pretty much have to plan on just taking some choice cuts of meat that will fit in the kid carrier.

All of this cuts into deer hunting pretty seriously but you have to make sacrifices when you have a family.
              Last edited by Felix40; 10-22-2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Every time I see animals I quietly tell him "shhh" and he knows exactly what's going on. It always takes him a minute to spot them but once he does I can hear his breathing get noticeably deeper and more excited. I'm not sure if a kid that young can feel adrenaline but he definitely feels something when he realizes the hunt is on.

Comment

Good job!
                  Looks like you have a great hunting partner.

Comment

This is amazing! Way to go man!

Comment

Well done young man~! I hope you are blessed with a lifetime of sharing activities like this, with him.

Comment

Good looking Hog you got there. Looks like you had some good help dragging em out.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                            All of this cuts into deer hunting pretty seriously but you have to make sacrifices when you have a family.
                            The sacrifice is going to be well worth the effort. You're gonna blink and he will be a grown man and these moments you and him will cherish forever. I used to take one of my son's duck hunting while he was in diapers. He loved every minute of it as so did I.

Good job!

Comment

You are the man! Great Job

Comment

Making memories with dad. Very cool! Good job sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X