Best MPG Full Size Crew Cab 1/2 Ton???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    I get 20 mpg in a 5.0 F150...highway driving not hauling anything. Average/mixed driving is about 18. When I carry a trailer I get about 12/14.

The Turbos will fool ya because your average driving does not include kicking that turbo in.
    same here in my '18 F150 5.0^^^

Comment

Get a cheap commuter car and keep the sequoia for weekend soccer

Comment

2.7 f150. Bought one in crew 4x4 for my son and it average 21 mixed lifetime and easily get 23-25 of straight highway . Plus has a surprising amount of power in terms of acceleration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2.7 on 35’s and get 18mpg

Comment

The diesel 1/2 ton Chevy's are about to come out. I believe they said that the highway mpg on a 2wd is 33.

Comment

Buying a more fuel efficient vehicle is usually not worth it unless you're buying something that gets drastically better fuel mileage. For every 1 mpg increase in fuel mileage, cost savings are between $500 and $1,000 over 100,000 miles traveled (assuming a fuel cost of $2.5 mpg). Greater cost savings are achieved when talking about low mpg vehicles (if you went from 15 to 16 mpg you would save $1,000 per 100,000 miles, if you went from 25 to 26 mpg you would only save about $500 per 100,000 miles).

But 13 mpg is pretty bad for these days, so if you got something that got 20 mpg you may save around $6-7k. Even still, if your current vehicle is still serviceable and you wife likes it, it is probably not worth it to get something newer unless you're moving into something that gets drastically better fuel mileage (probably a car, not a full size truck). Even with the better fuel mileage of trucks today, they are usually so expensive that the math doesn't really justify buying one to try and save money on gas.

Comment

Buy the Chevy the ford will eat you up with repairs you will end up loosing money

Comment

Just Replaced a Ford Explorer with a practically new 2017 RAV 4. We have three kids that play sports and it works just fine. 30-32 mpg, and There's an Eco and sport mode. Also has radar cruise, auto braking and lane assist. Pretty sharp little car. My wife and three boys fit just fine with a deer in the cooler and a bunch of crap packed in the back on there way back from hunting this weekend. And it's a Toyota. Only paid $18,000 with 27,000 miles on it and super clean.

Comment

Originally posted by kc95gt View Post
                    I talked to a guy the other day with an Ecodiesel. He said it was great until the factory re-flashed the ECU after they got in trouble for emissions cheating. After that the power went downhill and he wished he wouldn't have taken it in to the dealership for it. Any truth to that?
                    Yup, GDE tune and forget it. You will be amazed the difference it makes. Better then new.

Comment

2.7 4x4 and bone stock here.
                      Best I've gotten on highway driving cautious was 26. I average 22.8 and I'm in the woods and use 4x4 ALOT as a forester.

Comment

2019 5.0 f150 4x4 here and I get 19 combined. 21/22 highway

Comment

2016 ecodiesel 4x4 crew cab and get 22+ straight highway. 20 mixed driving. 18 when pulling a moderate trailer with atv. 12+ when pulling a 30ft 6500lb travel trailer.

Comment

This one would probably do pretty good... https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=748220

Comment

I’m definitely curious about the ecodiesels

Anyone have the ford version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lutenbacher View Post
                                Buy the Chevy the ford will eat you up with repairs you will end up loosing money
                                You sound like another TBH'er on here. He had a chevy that he had for years it never needed gas or oil changed. I think he climbed MT Everest a few times with it and drove it to Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                                X