Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Jon boat journey - Life and times, and mods, of a G3 river Jon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the other projects I am thinking about for this boat is a removable aluminum drop-in front deck for fishing. I've already purchased the frame material for it. I'm also considering adding some float-pods to the transom to lift it just a bit. As there are two batteries and gas tank in the back transom area. Plus the 186lb motor. I'll lose a little speed for them. But will have a safer mooring when anchored. One of the batteries will be moved up front for the drop-in deck when fishing. That should help a little.

Comment

Looks good Mike!!

Comment

Thanks Philip! It's nothing like it was when I got it. This may be my last boat, unless I find a bigger place to live. As this boat is about all I can have with this size yard/house/lot I have. Hoping to sell the house one day and move to a bigger place. Then I'll think about a bigger boat... Or more boats .

Comment

Can you post pics of how you got transducer on back of boat? Been reading they fall off regularly since there isn’t enough “meat” for screws to hang on to. Also trying to figure out a deck plan for my upcoming 1448 g3. Wanting a deck and a foot control trolling motor along with a fish finder. Maybe a small back platform too. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I cannot believe there are no pics of the engine mounting GTG.

Comment

And the boat looks good, may run into you at W in a couple weeks.We will be at Kimball.

Comment

Wow what a Photo ride..Great Pic/lots of great ideas THX

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                  Can you post pics of how you got transducer on back of boat? Been reading they fall off regularly since there isn’t enough “meat” for screws to hang on to. Also trying to figure out a deck plan for my upcoming 1448 g3. Wanting a deck and a foot control trolling motor along with a fish finder. Maybe a small back platform too. Looks great!

I just use metal self tapping screws and screw into/through the metal. I also use some silicone sealer before screwing. This is my 7th boat. And have mounted sonar on everyone of mine. Never had a problem with knocking the transducer off unless the stern was running to shallow, as is the case with most folk who do knock them off. Or mounting in the wrong location where they will hit bunkboards when landing on a trailer. I also did structural warranty repair for Tracker Marine and several other metal boat mfgrs for a couple of years. Those are to two most common scenario for knocking them off. I've got transducers on both sides now. And no leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    I cannot believe there are no pics of the engine mounting GTG.

That's because your fellers wouldn't stick around for one.

I tried to get one.

Comment

Dang Mike that's some serious talent right there! Good looking scooter, bet it's gonna be a duck killing machine!

Comment

Sweet update. I'm working on a tracker right now.

My favorites mods are the ladder and the duck blind. Do you weld aluminum?

That hitch mod is probably the best anti theft way to do it. Hard to haul away without a hitch!

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post

I don't drill below the water line unless forced to. You can bolt it on or use 3m 5200 sealant. See pic below.

Comment

Nice work! I am working on a similar project for next duck season.

Comment

Good lookin ride Mike!

Comment

Really good work, I like the ladder you put on the trailer. You extended the tongue out enough where it wont hit the bumper of the truck on a tight turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X