Catfishing in State Parks, which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catfishing in State Parks, which one?

Most state parks (at least the good one's) are usually booked months in advance. But i am going to try and see if i can get on one for spring break with my daughter and family.

I am a huge saltwater fisherman but i really don't know much about freshwater. I was wondering which state parks have the best chance of me catching some catfish. I will be limited to bank fishing or pier fishing.

no one?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
      Most state parks (at least the good one's) are usually booked months in advance. But i am going to try and see if i can get on one for spring break with my daughter and family.

I am a huge saltwater fisherman but i really don't know much about freshwater. I was wondering which state parks have the best chance of me catching some catfish. I will be limited to bank fishing or pier fishing.
      I know you can catch bass and crappie at Huntsville state park, I'd bet you could score some cats too!

Comment

I forget the name of that lake in Huntsville...Raven maybe? I've caught some nice bass out of that one. A few cats one time.

Comment

Lake Livingston State Park

Comment

We caught some at San Angelo state park
            Cabins were nice as well

Comment

Lake Livingston State Park

Comment

Are you looking for one with cabins or are you gonna be staying in a camper? Cooper lake has nice cabins and has good bank fishing and so does wright patman but it doesn't have any cabins. If you choose one of them hit me up I'm sure I could take you out on the water

Comment

Does it have to be a state park?
                  Wind Point Park on Tawokini is excellent fishing.
                  The pier and adjacent areas in Bob Sandlin State Park are excellent as well.
                  As mentioned Patman is a great lake. I've never caught anything big, but for sheer numbers it's awesome just about anywhere you fish.

Comment

Plenty of catfishing from the bank at Lake Livingston SP.

Comment

Working...
                    X