Bardominium Build Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

Also, it's gonna cost me $2-3K to run my electric 700 feet from the road.
    I wish I could get it done this cheap. I need 14-16 poles set @ $1k/pole.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
      Who's doing your building? That's a great price
      these are prices i got online but had a builder friend tell me they were close.

i plan on doing as much by myself if i can do.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
        I wish I could get it done this cheap. I need 14-16 poles set @ $1k/pole.
        i will call and get a quote to confirm

Comment

In for updates.

Comment

Subscribed.

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Costs

per BrianL's barndo thread:

foundation = $5-6 sq ft.
                building = $10-12 sq ft
                framing = $5-6 sq ft.

These costs are a good ballpark figure plus pad prep of course. I had a 30x50x14 built last month.

Comment

Sub

Comment

I've got numbers for several contractors in the Somervell County area who specialize in steel building construction. I'm planning on making several calls tomorrow to get some idea of what this thing will run me to erect.

I'm going to hire out the foundation and shell, then I'll take over from there. It's always fun to try to guess at a ballpark figure for this thing, so I'll use BrianL's figures:

Foundation (@ $6 sqft):
                    ~$16,560

Building (@ $12 sqft):
                    ~$30,300

Framing (@ $6 sqft):
                    ~$9,600

Approximate Grand Total:
                    ~$56,460

Of course, you have to figure plumbing, electrical, HVAC, trim, windows, doors, etc.

What would you guys say is a good ballpark for this sort of building GRAND TOTAL (As in start to finish, completed, ready to move in)?

I will be finishing out the inside pretty much on my own. I will likely hire out the drywall, texture, painting, cabinets, and countertops.

Comment

Originally posted by cam6467 View Post
                      I've got numbers for several contractors in the Somervell County area who specialize in steel building construction. I'm planning on making several calls tomorrow to get some idea of what this thing will run me to erect.

I'm going to hire out the foundation and shell, then I'll take over from there. It's always fun to try to guess at a ballpark figure for this thing, so I'll use BrianL's figures:

Foundation (@ $6 sqft):
                      ~$16,560

Building (@ $12 sqft):
                      ~$30,300

Framing (@ $6 sqft):
                      ~$9,600

Approximate Grand Total:
                      ~$56,460

Of course, you have to figure plumbing, electrical, HVAC, trim, windows, doors, etc.

What would you guys say is a good ballpark for this sort of building GRAND TOTAL (As in start to finish, completed, ready to move in)?

I will be finishing out the inside pretty much on my own. I will likely hire out the drywall, texture, painting, cabinets, and countertops.
                      The hvac, plumbing, electric, doors windows etc. Will run you another 40-50k or more. Then the dry wall, cabinets, counter tops will bump it up even more. Getting the building up is the cheapest part.
                      I had some friends just finish this type of project 2 bedrooms. Ended up over 200k
                      Last edited by Zookeeper; 11-29-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448822602.713043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24417418

I made some changes to the floor plan. My wife and I looked at the island vs. peninsula and decided that the peninsula would be better for us. I hope we don't have egg on our faces when it's all said and done, but I think the space between the peninsula and the pantry wall is a little more than 5'1". That should be free enough for comfort.

The little grey square is the wood burning stove. My wife said she likes the idea of having it be the focal point of the living area. I've researched ideas for stone heat barriers to go under and behind the stove from floor to ceiling.

The wrap around style porch is my wife's concept. She had a pretty good idea, too! I think the porch will make a great addition.

The 25' covered parking was moved to the opposite side of the building from where it was originally. We figured it would be better to have an unobstructed view from the kitchen/living windows. This change also enabled me to put the washer/dryer closer to the 4' door going into the kitchen from the shop. I'll also be placing a spare fridge, chest freezer, and ice maker out by the washer/dryer.

Any input, suggestions, critiques are welcome!!

Comment

I would probably go with larger windows or more windows in the living room? With that awesome covered porch it would be really nice. I didn't put many on mine and I regret it. It can get to feeling closed in with out the windows. Just what I have learned on mine.

Comment

Heres some hard numbers for you that I just paid in Grimes County, hope it helps. Im building a 33'x51' building, (all house) 1683sqft living. Plus 10'x51' porches front and back with a 33'x25' carport on 1 end. for the building, concrete and labor it was right at 54k.

Comment

Thanks mogrin. That's about what I was expecting for the shell. I'm just hoping to get out in the $120,000 range at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mogrin73 View Post
                                Heres some hard numbers for you that I just paid in Grimes County, hope it helps. Im building a 33'x51' building, (all house) 1683sqft living. Plus 10'x51' porches front and back with a 33'x25' carport on 1 end. for the building, concrete and labor it was right at 54k.
                                Sounds like a heck of a deal...any pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X