Pellets or chips for Masterbilt Smoker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellets or chips for Masterbilt Smoker?

Masterbilt users what are you using for the best smoke? I have used chips and it was ok. Are the pellets better?

I use the pellet smoker in combination with the cold smoker. Seems to work good, but I still prefer my pit. Sure is less hassle with the electric smoker though.

Shop for wood pellet grills, smokers, and griddles. Try new recipes and learn about our 8-in-1 grill versatility. Our grills help you craft BBQ recipes to perfection.

Masterbuilt makes innovative digital charcoal grills, griddles, electric smokers, propane smokers, combination grill & smokers, fryers and more. For the backyard griller or on-the-go meat smoker, master the art of cooking with Masterbuilt.

Comment

For a stock MES, I'd stay with the chips.

To ensure better smoke, I add chips while it's still cold (before preheat) to ensure the tube is very full. Then I add subsequent loads of chips pretty frequently to keep the tube full. If you're not paying attention, the smoker can run out of chips on you leaving you with no smoke. YMMV.

Comment

I use pellets in the Amazen products pellet tray in my Masterbuilt. All the smoke you need and they burn for hours with no addition needed.

Comment

Pellets and AMAZEN products pellet tray. Academy carries a good selection of pellets and very reasonable prices.

Comment

I use chips

Comment

Another amazen products tray and pellets here

Comment

You guys use the Amazen stuff as primary smoke source or to supplement smoke produced by the stock chips tube?

Comment

Is there a binding agent of some sort in those pellets?

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                    You guys use the Amazen stuff as primary smoke source or to supplement smoke produced by the stock chips tube?

Primary smoke source.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Is there a binding agent of some sort in those pellets?

I get mine from the Amazen products guy. He claims they are all natural.

Comment

Chips some dry some soaked in water.

Comment

Chips

Comment

Pellets

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              Primary. The stock chip tube doesn't put out near the smoke as the amazen products.

Comment

Working...
                              X