Tagging a Low fence deer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    So your just assuming its illegal. Cool, that's what I figured.
    No assuming. You need permits to capture or tag any wild deer that is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Miller View Post
      Be hard to prove you did it.
      Is this how’s it’s done in East Texas? No wonder that part of the state has a rotten reputation among hunting enthusiasts

Comment

I'll supply the fawn(my choice), video equipment, tags, and equipment for anyone who thinks they can 1. catch a fawn 2. hold said fawn and ear tag it. I will retain all rights to the video.

Comment

We had a buck on the ranch that the cowboys had tipped both ears as a fawn so you could recognize him every year. With the ears tipped it made him look a lot wider than he was.

Comment

Rough crowd here lately geeze.

The problem is that by touching the fawn you endanger it to predators and the doe might abandon the fawn.

I thought of doing this in the 70's and actually did it. I put a cattle tag in the ear of a bedded fawn. I just reached over and pulled its ear away its head and snapped it in. The fawn never moved except for moving its ears.

I wish that I could say we watched that fawn grow up but we never saw it again.

My Dad told me it was because I touched the animal and left my scent and either the doe left it or a yote or bobcat got it. In any case I felt bad about the fawn so never did it again.

I

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
              You can quote scripture all day if you want, your still doing the same thing your accusing me of,, and your missing the point! If I break a law I deserve to be punished by the law accordingly. I don't deliberately find a way to break laws and justify my actions or "get away " with something. ( not saying anyone is , it's just a common thing)
              If you wish to discuss farther then shoot me a pm, I'm not going to keep muddying up the op's thread with unnecessary banter.
              Later!
              Lmao you must be a really fun guy to hang out with on the weekends...

Comment

Working...
              X