Green Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Energy

Its all really just a feel good thing with this green stuff for the naïve and a cash cow for the politicians and companies involved with zero regard for actual stewardship.

"A new study by Environmental Progress (EP) warns that toxic waste from used solar panels now poses a global environmental threat. The Berkeley-based group found that solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear-power plants. Discarded solar panels, which contain dangerous elements such as lead, chromium, and cadmium, are piling up around the world, and there’s been little done to mitigate their potential danger to the environment."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...t=clean-energy

If we burned every solar panel in the world, we wouldn't even scratch the surface, compared to the damage done by Fukishimo. Add in Chernobyl, and other cases, solar panels are no longer even in the picture. They didnt do much research, and their, "300 times more toxic waste", is BS. Maybe if we had never had a meltdown, anywhere, of anykind. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Its all really just a feel good thing with this green stuff for the naïve and a cash cow for the politicians and companies involved with zero regard for actual stewardship.

"A new study by Environmental Progress (EP) warns that toxic waste from used solar panels now poses a global environmental threat. The Berkeley-based group found that solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear-power plants. Discarded solar panels, which contain dangerous elements such as lead, chromium, and cadmium, are piling up around the world, and there’s been little done to mitigate their potential danger to the environment."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...t=clean-energy
      Sweet!! lets build some more plants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        If we burned every solar panel in the world, we wouldn't even scratch the surface, compared to the damage done by Fukishimo. Add in Chernobyl, and other cases, solar panels are no longer even in the picture. They didnt do much research, and their, "300 times more toxic waste", is BS. Maybe if we had never had a meltdown, anywhere, of anykind. Just my opinion
        I would concede that they probably did not include meltdowns such as what Russia and Japan have created. I think the biggest issue here is the nasty components in refuse panels don't have an effective recycling program.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          I would concede that they probably did not include meltdowns such as what Russia and Japan have created. I think the biggest issue here is the nasty components in refuse panels don't have an effective recycling program.
          That's how I took it. But hey, why waste an opportunity to disprove someone's post. That seems to happen a lot.

Comment

Similar to the battery power cars. More pollutants to build the batteries and to dispose of them.

What's that saying "take one step forward and two backwards"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              That's how I took it. But hey, why waste an opportunity to disprove someone's post. That seems to happen a lot.
              He just doesn't know how insurance works

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                He just doesn't know how insurance works
                Lol!

Comment

Liberals live by the if it looks good ,makes you feel good, it has to be good.
                  never mind the science, economics, long term results

Comment

Probably factual when taking out nuclear catastrophe's...........but I have never heard of the "Environmental Progress Group" either. When the greenies, nuclear or petroleum folks come up with something more significant than what we have currently let me know.......lol!

Comment

My dad is in the power making business. He said that if you elected to spend more per Kw Hour for "green or wind" power, you're just wasting your money.

All power goes on a grid and sent to homes and businesses. There is NO WAY to say that the power you're getting is what you're paying for.

With the exception of homes and businesses that install their own windmills, solar panels, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                        My dad is in the power making business. He said that if you elected to spend more per Kw Hour for "green or wind" power, you're just wasting your money.

All power goes on a grid and sent to homes and businesses. There is NO WAY to say that the power you're getting is what you're paying for.

With the exception of homes and businesses that install their own windmills, solar panels, etc.

True, but then you have to store the energy you produce. Lots of lead in those batteries.

Comment

On our lease, they are installing those big-a*s energy windmills and have been for months. It would give a honest liberal the squirts to see the number of oak trees and grasslands decimated to erect those useless fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                            On our lease, they are installing those big-a*s energy windmills and have been for months. It would give a honest liberal the squirts to see the number of oak trees and grasslands decimated to erect those useless fans.
                            Wait til you see the piles of dead birds on the ground once the turbine blades start spinning. All to produce power at triple the cost of power from natgas generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post

Mossback on here, knows this stuff inside and out. Maybe he will chime in. You are correct though, from what I understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X