Big Cat kill in East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Cat kill in East Tx

Was doing some general goofing off in the four-wheeler a last weekend. I like to call it scouting, my wife thinks otherwise. Came across a new born cafe, several days old that had the hide pulled over its head and been cleaned out pretty good. The mom was not too far off with deep scratches and blood around the face, head and neck. This was in the Cushing, TX area. Unfortunately, i did not have my camera or i would have posted some pics. It was a very fresh kill, since it was 8am dont know if the cat or cats were finished with breakfast, so me and the kids high tailed it. Where is the game cam when you need it! Hard to make out any individual tracks, looked like alot of activitiy around the kill. Some have speculated that it is a female with cubs.

I am hearing reports that the big cats have been seen in the Sam Houston National Forest near Willis, Texas but I still have not seen any pics!

Comment

Originally posted by PineWoodArcher View Post
      Was doing some general goofing off in the four-wheeler a last weekend. I like to call it scouting, my wife thinks otherwise. Came across a new born cafe, several days old that had the hide pulled over its head and been cleaned out pretty good. The mom was not too far off with deep scratches and blood around the face, head and neck. This was in the Cushing, TX area. Unfortunately, i did not have my camera or i would have posted some pics. It was a very fresh kill, since it was 8am dont know if the cat or cats were finished with breakfast, so me and the kids high tailed it. Where is the game cam when you need it! Hard to make out any individual tracks, looked like alot of activitiy around the kill. Some have speculated that it is a female with cubs.
      You should go put a cam on it.
      Cool.

Comment

Oh yeah. Definitely put a cam on that thing.

Comment

my parents have seen one at their pond behind their house, this is in the Emory,Alba Golden area just north of Canton.

Comment

When i see one with my own eyes then ill believe it.

Comment

Black Anyone????

Comment

The kill is probably gone by now, but the threat is still there and new calves are dropping. Hopefully, they have moved on, i have read that the roaming area can be very large. Unless there is plenty of food in the area!!!

Comment

That's cool, I wouldn't doubt it, but there sure are alot of stories, and not very many pictures.

Comment

Those big cats have always been in East Tx. and North La. if you spend enough time in the woods you will see them because they have already seen you.

Comment

cats

I have a freind in jacksonville that has 2 of them on his game camera at the same time.

Comment

My brother in law saw one in Jan when we were predator hunting. It came into the call right up to the truck! We were unsure if we could shoot it so we let it go! Let's just say we were a little nervious for a while wondering where it went. We were in Cushing then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech10 View Post
                          When i see one with my own eyes then ill believe it.
                          X2 and then nobody will believe me

Comment

Comment

I know those big cats get hungry, but to take on a whole cafe is amazing! Newly born business or not, that's impressive.

J/K. My dad has seen one and found at least 3 kills on his place in Crockett in the last 9 months or so. And NO, the one he saw was not black, just a regular ol' boring cougar.

Comment

Working...
                              X