Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad

These past 5 days have been life changing for my dad. On Thursday he went through a live donor kidney transplant. 5 1/2 years ago he was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease. He had gone into the ER after his colon had ruptured and had brought his kidneys out of dormancy. They didn’t think he would make it when he first came in. His kidneys were shutting down and they immediately put him on dialysis and got him on the transplant list. He bounced on and off the list for different reasons throughout the years, and had been at the top of the list for about the past 6 months. About a year ago he had a friend of his from the falconry community reach out stating that she was a match and was going to donate a kidney. The doctors told her she was over weight and had to lose 40 pounds for them to proceed. She lost over 100 pounds in a years time to donate a kidney to my dad. As of this afternoon, they’re both being released from the hospital to go home. My dad hasn’t felt this good in over 5 years and even his best days on dialysis never felt this good. The doctor told him that the kidney was functioning before they had him closed back up and that it normally takes a couple of hours for it to start working like that. He is making great strides so far and we pray that it continues.

Please pray for my dad, Jay Lehmer, and his donor, Brandi Nickerson, as they recover. My dad will be off of work for the next 3 months while he is recovering and it’s going to be a tough road that’s full of expenses.

Thank you in advance.

Brandon

Dad and I.

Dad and my wife, Janie.

Dad with his Rolling Stones mask my stepmom made him

On the road to recovery. Best friends for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayer for a full recovery. God is Good!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Man I'm glad to hear everything is going good B! My brother had to get a kidney transplant about 3 years ago I guess now. I know that dialysis and stuff can be rough . I hope that he continues doing good with all of it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s great news and good on her for the donation.

My nephew donated a kidney to his girlfriend’s mom’s best friend.

Comment

That is awesome praying for a full recovery for all involved

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up bud!

Comment

What an awesome human being Brandi is! Your pops must be a great guy for some one to cough up a kidney! Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for both of them.

Comment

Prayers for all involved.

Comment

Prayers for both of them, and bless her heart. People like her are angels. What a great thing she did. Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Effin A Cotton

Comment

Prayer in works buddy

Comment

Prayers for healing.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                              X