Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
    I'm not sure about the scope of the project, there two lines to be built both starting near Ft. Stockton, one goes into Mex at Presidio, Tx. The other near El Paso. Don't know how far into Mexico, I just pick up info from local news, and other contractors around the patch.
    I keep hearing rumors of a big boom comeing to Mexico by US oil companys. As of now no more than a rumor on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
      I keep hearing rumors of a big boom comeing to Mexico by US oil companys. As of now no more than a rumor on my end.
      We have a project that includes 200 miles of large diameter pipe (gas) from Laredo to Monterrey. I think you will see more expansion into and within Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        We were just awarded a TransCanada pipeline/compressor project in Mexico.
        It's a cluster of a mess, but it's work. It also means I'll be spending some time at our Mexico City office.
        Originally posted by STGS View Post
        We have a project that includes 200 miles of large diameter pipe (gas) from Laredo to Monterrey. I think you will see more expansion into and within Mexico.
        You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!

Comment

Heard today we are up for sale, the sale of our area will fund newer assets in Oklahoma. We have yet to have any layoffs so I am grateful that I have a job but I have no idea what to expect throughout the sale and the months to follow. Just have to keep on keeping on and let God take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            You chaps have any links that I can refer to on any of these US to Mexico / NG projects??

I'm hearing some chatter about the Brownsville ship channel getting dredged to handle the upcoming project to liquefy the NG similar to what's coming up in Bay City & La, but not much on projects of NG heading to Mex.

Thanks!!
            I hope these links work. If not, Google "Howard Energy Partners" and look up the press releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
              I heard the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. My old company was going to send some folks down to Mexico to get things rolling. I guess the prices put everything on hold for now.

Comment

I am not in the oil and gas business but read this post to remind me to be thankful for the job I have. Always praying for you guys to get back to work. Living in south Texas I see the effect of the layoffs on families every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Most of the work gonna be in Mexico or Texas?
                  It sucks, but I can actually appreciate that the Mexican government requires a certain portion of the work to be done in Mexico. TransCanada was aware of this, and is also aware of the lack of quality that goes along with engineering and design done in Mexico. All of the actual work will be done in Mexico. We will oversee their work, both engineering and design, from here, with several hands on trips to the Mexico City office. I think we end up about 10% of the budget.

Comment

I have learned one thing in this downturn after watching people extremely close to retirement get the axe. I won't be trying to retire in the oilfield. Getting real thin where I work, and I'm looking into other industries.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                      I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!![emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
                      Sorry to hear this. I'm in a different industry but I worked for a company that was hurting and kept us way longer than they should have and we knew it. There were zero hard feelings when I got let go. I told the owners I knew it was coming, I was surprised it took as long as it did, and they were still running fat. They knew it.

Unfortunately they held on to people and homes too long and went belly up a year later. I hope you let them go before too long, I. Hopes that you can hire them back when time comes.

On another note, my eine said a new agreement was signed globally that had something to do with co2 inputs and outputs and she feels like it's going to prolong this recovery and really force the hand of alternative energy sources. Anyone else know much about this. I'm a home builder so I like high gas and oil prices as are many businesses more than people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                        I heard the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. My old company was going to send some folks down to Mexico to get things rolling. I guess the prices put everything on hold for now.
                        Isn't Mexican crude is selling at a close to $10/bbl discount compared to WTI?

Comment

Looking really slim over this way. 19 years. Drilling, completion, workover, P&A, regulatory, and engineering. Land, shelf and deepwater. Domestic and international. Planning to take some time off and then evaluate. I was fortunate the last couple of downturns to maintain my job at a major but this is a way different deal now. The new way of thinking is almost "alien" to me.. Make no mistake folks oil/gas producers are not in business to produce oil/gas they are in business to make money. "Kelly almost down"

Wilk

Comment

Irving-based Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., an oil and gas explorer once heady with spending amid the U.S. shale boom, filed for bankruptcy as its heavy debt load was exacerbated by the glut in cheap energy.

The company said Tuesday that it has the support of a majority of its lenders for a turnaround plan. Holders of 75 percent of the company’s debt have agreed to support the restructuring, which calls for a $200 million loan to keep Magnum Hunter operating in bankruptcy, according to a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                              Sorry to hear this. I'm in a different industry but I worked for a company that was hurting and kept us way longer than they should have and we knew it. There were zero hard feelings when I got let go. I told the owners I knew it was coming, I was surprised it took as long as it did, and they were still running fat. They knew it.

Unfortunately they held on to people and homes too long and went belly up a year later. I hope you let them go before too long, I. Hopes that you can hire them back when time comes.

On another note, my eine said a new agreement was signed globally that had something to do with co2 inputs and outputs and she feels like it's going to prolong this recovery and really force the hand of alternative energy sources. Anyone else know much about this. I'm a home builder so I like high gas and oil prices as are many businesses more than people think.

Did you work for Royce homes?

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                                Did you work for Royce homes?
                                No, hhn homes.

Comment

Working...
                                X