No announcement yet.

Slow morning in Brady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be November before it gets good.. Its going to take a good HARD freeze to knock back the greenery.. Our place is as green as Ive seen it in 20 years!!!!

Comment

Slow in Rocksprings. Had a big 4 Point. Let him walk. It's Early.

Comment

Yeah we are in Trickham, just West of Brownwood. We got an enormous amount of rain this past couple of weekends as most of us did. I told my hunting buddies this is gonna change everything opening morning. Before the rains deer, auodad and hogs were thick as thieves and numerous pics. After rains, acorns and all the new growth pics are dying down. It's a waiting game now.

Comment

Happy hour dates that work for us...

October 6 or 23
          November 3 or 17th

Comment

Well this thread is discouraging. Lol. I'm headed to my lease in Brady Friday. I have a cell camera sending me pics and they have almost stopped these last 3 or 4 days. Grass has grown prolly 3 feet since I was down there at the beginning of September.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This grass was about an inch high a month ago. It's un real.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
                Well this thread is discouraging. Lol. I'm headed to my lease in Brady Friday. I have a cell camera sending me pics and they have almost stopped these last 3 or 4 days. Grass has grown prolly 3 feet since I was down there at the beginning of September.

Where you at in Brady? We are just North if the Lake, but south of 87.

Comment

North of town up 283 about 15 mins. Seeing anything good so far?

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
                    North of town about 15 mins up 283. Seeing anything good yet on camera?

Comment

I hunt just north of Brady (7 miles) off of 283. Our place has received a ton of rain in the last month. It is very green and there is more grass and flowers than in the spring time. The acorns are falling like crazy. I doubt we will see any deer at the feeders for quite some time. I'll be hunting the oak groves for sure. Only deer I saw at the feeders this weekend were young spikes, doe and fawns.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
                        North of town about 15 mins up 283. Seeing anything good yet on camera?

I’ll be there Thursday/Friday. First time up since August. Had plenty good stuff on camera then

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                          I hunt just north of Brady (7 miles) off of 283. Our place has received a ton of rain in the last month. It is very green and there is more grass and flowers than in the spring time. The acorns are falling like crazy. I doubt we will see any deer at the feeders for quite some time. I'll be hunting the oak groves for sure. Only deer I saw at the feeders this weekend were young spikes, doe and fawns.
                          Ya I might try and find a trail to post up on instead of hunting the feeders.
                          I’ll be there Thursday/Friday. First time up since August. Had plenty good stuff on camera then
                          Good deal. We have had a few good bucks come in on camera too. Hope it's a good season for all of us

Comment

Deer are there they just not hitting the feeders with all the groceries.

Comment

Slow

Same issues for us between Mason and Brady. I was able to kill a doe, but most hunters saw nothing.

Lots of acorns and grass to eat right now.

Comment

My cousins lease is the same. Big fields on the right when you make the turn on 3022 off 87. They seen 1 deer all weekend. No axis on camera and few deer. But he did say couple shooters on camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X