No announcement yet.

Ever been electrocuted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That little Klein tester is great and pretty dependable(with a good battery). I use one alot but.. when I'm fidna put my grubbies on something, I give it a second check with a second meter for a lil "don'twizmyself" insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
      That little Klein tester is great and pretty dependable(with a good battery). I use one alot but.. when I'm fidna put my grubbies on something, I give it a second check with a second meter for a lil "don'twizmyself" insurance.
      Never used the Klein tester, but have burned up a couple pair Kleins when the fluke non contact lied to me.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        Not sure I follow I was agreeing with the OP and posted the definition for everyone that was trying to correct him. Therefore I agree with you as well. Again it doesn't really matter I knew what he was asking.

Dad talked me into peeing on a hot fence once and that hurt like hell. He also convinced me to pull the wire off a spark plug to kill a mower that hurt pretty **** bad maybe even worse. 220 from a dryer will make you sore for a few days.
        Double post
        Last edited by okrattler; 09-15-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
          Not sure I follow I was agreeing with the OP and posted the definition for everyone that was trying to correct him. Therefore I agree with you as well. Again it doesn't really matter I knew what he was asking.

Dad talked me into peeing on a hot fence once and that hurt like hell. He also convinced me to pull the wire off a spark plug to kill a mower that hurt pretty **** bad maybe even worse. 220 from a dryer will make you sore for a few days.
          I was just agreeing with you. At the end of the day shocked and electrocuted might feel not much different.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Never used the Klein tester, but have burned up a couple pair Kleins when the fluke non contact lied to me.
            Our plant has outlawed non-contact voltage testers, and there's a good reason.

Comment

Man yall make my liver quiver, Dad has been shocked by 220, and I have been hit by coils on a car but nothing like yall describe... Holy Moly....

Comment

Lots of time shocked by 120v but never "electrocuted".

Worst was I got hit by 480v 3 phase once, luckily i was leaning against a metal line and it jumped out of my right shoulder. Huge burn/red mark. It took a few hours to get back to reality.

Comment

Yep!

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                  Those are frightening stories. I don't go near electricity without the Klein tester to be 100% sure there's no power. Insurance less than $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I have several of these!!!

Comment

Are there any actual electricians on this site?

I kill breakers and use the death stick and another voltage meter. Been hit by 220 a once and learned my lesson. Some of y'all seem pretty stupid

Comment

Simply put in the electrical field/trade getting electrocuted means "death by an electrical source".

Here is an electrocution. It is graphic, watch at your discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCU7Vc97ws

Comment

Got floored troubleshooting a leaking washing machine years ago. I couldn't find the leak while the machine was off. I won a Darwin Award that day.

Comment

I got interrupted while working on my ac once. Forgot I hadn't discharged the capacitor. Sucker rocked me back flat on my *** and I sat there shaking my head like a bobble head doll. I hate electricity!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Are there any actual electricians on this site?

I kill breakers and use the death stick and another voltage meter. Been hit by 220 a once and learned my lesson. Some of y'all seem pretty stupid

I cut the power off to the block to change a lightbulb lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been zapped a few times by 110v , had a buddy fry his arm removing a battery from a truck. He ground out on the fender with his watch, watch turned into a Granad

Comment

Been popped a handful of times by 220. I'm a slow learner. Been busted more times than I can count by 110. When I was working for my buddy's AC company he used to think it was funny to tell me the power was off when it wasn't lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X