No announcement yet.

shingles vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw what my brother went through, I got the shot!

Comment

Yep, he is now in medical journals. He had to relearn how to talk, swallow and lost some dexterity. It was a bad deal.

Comment

my wife just mentioned this morning. We're both going to get it.

Comment

My daughter got them a few years ago on her back and side..she was 14 at the time. She had a very mild case but they were still horribly painful...she cried and cried. It was awful.

Comment

OK OK, you've all talked me into getting this. I had chicken pox as a kid, am knocking on 60's door, so it sounds like this would be a good thing for me to get.

Comment

i am in my mid 50's..I contracted shingles in Nov..it was so painful, it presented itself on my left thigh from my pants pocket to my knee..I still feel the nerve endings on fire from time to time and I just got the booster shot the other day..I wouldnt wish shingles on anyone I know..pure pain

Comment

Didn't realize how many old farts were on this forum!

Thanks for the reminder. I'm 50. My sister got it last year (54). Need to make an appointment.

Comment

Good thread here...i didn't even know that there was a vacine for the shingles.

Had them once...it was incredibly painful.

GILBERT

Comment

Guess I will have to look into this one, I avoid the annual flu shots as all my friends that get them end up sicker than a dog.

Comment

I just got the vaccine a couple of weeks ago and nothing to it. I had no ill effects from it. Just do it.

Comment

My supervisor has it right now and has been really sick for the past two weeks. She says it is really bad.

Comment

Man, y'all dun skeer'd me inta gittin' tha shot. I think I'm skeer'der of gittin tha shangles than a little bitty ol' needle...

Seriously, though, I had an uncle that died from the shingles many years ago. I was just a kid. Back then, they really didn't have very good treatment back then. Old folks always said that if the sores go all the way around your body, it will kill you. That's exactly what happened to my uncle. The man was in sheer misery and swolen so bad all over that you could hardly recognize him.

I got a prescription from my dr. for it, but at the time my daughter was pregnant with my 2nd grandbaby, and they say that pregnant women or anyone who will be around pregnant women or very small babies should not get the vaccine. Apparently there is a chance of infection of the infant by contact with someone who has recently had the vaccine. My grandson is 2 months old now, so I can now go get that dad-gum shot... I HATE needles almost as bad as I hate cows!

Comment

I had it earlier this year.. new job, moved, new baby on the way.... I had it in the left side of my face. The best part was when the pain would spike, and it felt like someone was driving a nail through my eye into the back of my eye.... It would wake me up out of a dead sleep. fortunatley I went to the dr early on, and they gave me some type of nerve pain medicine, as well as some other medicine to minimze the impact of it.

Comment

definitely get the vaccine! I've seen a lot of cases, it's not pretty...

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                                Guess I will have to look into this one, I avoid the annual flu shots as all my friends that get them end up sicker than a dog.
                                There is no chance of getting the flu from the flu shot...zero. The flu vaccine is not a live virus vaccine. If people say they got sick after it then it is some other virus and it happened as a coincidence. This is a popular misconception and excuse from people that don't like needles...LOL. I don't like them much either!

Comment

Working...
                                X