No announcement yet.

Deer jerky..... Nothing says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason, I just got a dehydrator. I thought if you didn't cook to 160 before you dehydrated, you would need to add cure to your marinade? No?

Comment

Thanks again for sharing. Looks great..

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          Jason, I just got a dehydrator. I thought if you didn't cook to 160 before you dehydrated, you would need to add cure to your marinade? No?

If you cook to 160 and then dehydrate you will have dried roast strips and it is nasty. I did some in the oven once and the spoon slipped out of the door...so after an hour I had 15 lbs of cooked beef strips. I tried to dry them and they were horrible. Think of a chewy dog biscuit. I'm sure there is plenty of salt in those marinades but I have never used actual cure on full muscle jerky. Now on burger/squirt jerky I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Erin loves me more..

You know it! Lisa and I have a lot in common. That must be why you love me so much!

Comment

You don't try to take out all the muscle&fibers

Comment

Deer jerky..... Nothing says

Originally posted by Erin View Post
                You know it! Lisa and I have a lot in common. That must be why you love me so much!

Hahahaha. Y'all two are so lucky...
                Last edited by Smart; 11-03-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                  You don't try to take out all the muscle&fibers

The meat is muscle so no on the muscle. I eat it.

I do remove most of the sinew and tendons....

Comment

I roll the Allegro Marinade method too...my wife loves venison jerky as much as I do but she sure gives me a hard time when I use the dehydrator in the house and stink the place up!

The last batch I made she took out to the back yard and hooked the dehydrator up to an extension cord!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      I roll the Allegro Marinade method too...my wife loves venison jerky as much as I do but she sure gives me a hard time when I use the dehydrator in the house and stink the place up!

The last batch I made she took out to the back yard and hooked the dehydrator up to an extension cord!
                      Do what? Lisa loves that smell... She walks in the house and say Mmmmmmhhhhmmm!!.......and I gotta slap her hand with a wooden spoon to keep her out of it if its not done...lol

Comment

After reading all this I had to cut me up a batch of fallow, be ready for the dehydrator in the morning

Comment

Round #1 done. 2 more to go.

Comment

Looks delicous

Comment

Looks real good!

I made 15 pounds in October and we seemed to eat each batch as it was ready. Delicious!!!! Still need to make a little room I'm the freezer for another deer!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Round #1 done. 2 more to go.

That looks great If you ever get a chance try red Creek jerky marinade, pretty good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X