Remington ADL vs. 770?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington ADL vs. 770?

Im looking for an entry level deer rifle and was looking at the differences between the Remington adl and 770. I really was to stick to a .243. Anyone have any experiences with either of these rifles?

From what I know and have heard go with the ADL. the 770 might be ook but I hear they are a throw away. if it breaks throw it away. The ADL is sstill the good remington action without bottom metal. You can buy it and upgrade the stock, replace the barrel and make an ADL a custom gun later if you want. Not the 770 . Resale value on an ADL is good and a 770 not so much... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post
      From what I know and have heard go with the ADL. the 770 might be ook but I hear they are a throw away. if it breaks throw it away. The ADL is sstill the good remington action without bottom metal. You can buy it and upgrade the stock, replace the barrel and make an ADL a custom gun later if you want. Not the 770 . Resale value on an ADL is good and a 770 not so much... good luck
      Thats kinda what I was thinking, Just spend a little more money and get a gun that will last alot longer.

Comment

The 700 action is superior in every way...go with the ADL

now the 243 is another story...

Comment

Don't know about the 770, but the trigger on the ADL is easy to adjust. My ADL, started off at Wally world, adjusted the trigger, added a hs precision stock and now it is a one hole wonder.

Comment

Go with the ADL, or buy a Savage with the Accu-trigger for the greatest assurance of "out of the box" accuracy. They are ugly, but they do shoot.

Comment

Buy the ADL and stay away from the 770!

Comment

My wife got me a 770 for x-mas a couple of yrs ago and it will not hold zero to save it sole.

Comment

I've got a ADL you need to buy. It's not a .243 but a 30-06 instead. With or without a scope. It's ready to hunt in present state.

Comment

Working...
                  X