Spooky at Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    NEVER buy re-loads at a gun show!!! My TBH son found this out the hard way with 10mm re-loads and he learned...never again. IMO of course!!
    This

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      I use a progressive, but I go slow and look in each case. It's still a lot faster than single stage, but it'd frustrate a real progressive reloader that really cranks them out.

Sometimes I use and RCBS powder checker.
      Yep.

Comment

Not intended to bad mouth Glocks, just some good tips/hints/advice in the thread for all of us---

Comment

I havent really been keeping up with the "gun scene" in the last 10yrs or so but when I shot IDPA and IPSC when I would pick up brass I could always tell which ones came from a Glock because the all had a bulge about 2/3 of the way down on one side due to chamber shape ( to aid feeding ). I even had to grind my dies down to get down the case far enough to resize them or they wouldnt chamber in my pistols. I cant help but wonder if that has anything to do with any of the issues in the link. Seems most blew from the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Absolutely spot-on. I was shooting my S&W M1917 revolver in .45ACP and was in the rapid fire mode--bang, bang, bang, pop, bang--WTH? Cylinder wouldn't turn. Obviously one of my handloads didn't have a propellant charge in it and the primer drove the bullet into the forcing cone far enough and the next full-charge round just pushed both the projectiles on out the tube. Only damage I could find was a slight belling of the forcing cone, enough to bind the cylinder. That one became a wall-hanger and taught me a most valuable lesson--check each charge with a good light, which you stressed very well.

Here's another example of a problem caused by ammo (and a loose nut on the trigger). You can shoot a .270 Win in a 7mm Rem Mag rifle. No damage to either the rifle or shooter either. Lesson learned here--only one gun, one ammo on the shooting bench at a time.

I have a piece of 270 brass that on looks just like that....

Comment

Working...
            X