No announcement yet.

What kind of idiot .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go hunt! They are just in-laws. I would miss my own families reunion.

Comment

Forgiveness is easier to ask for than permission. Priorities, man.

Comment

Well....nobody asked for your input on setting a date...that tells me they did not expect you to be there...go ahead....make that opening weekend one to remember...you can always SKYPE your greeting to them from your favorite tree.

Comment

I've been put in the same situation a couple times...but I always choose hunting lol. My wife expects it though, and she really doesn't even ask. If somebody plans something for opening weekend, she'll just tell them upfront that she will make it but I won't be there. Hope it works out!!

Comment

It appears to me that you married too close to home. It helps if the closest relative is at least four hundred miles away.

Comment

I would have to miss that reunion.

Comment

We tend to have family "representatives" attend various functions so they can fill in other branches of the family on recent past and current developments. Especially, if long distance is involved. Let your wife take along pictures of you and some of your recent bows and your LDPs with the bear,pics of your brother and that great country up there. Maybe videotape a message expressing your regrets about missing and knowing that you're with them in spirit, but you had a previous long-standing engagement. You should be golden. You're welcome.
                Last edited by tradtiger; 09-28-2017, 12:57 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Not your family, it's the wife's problem!

Comment

Randy time to say I have to work that day I guess can't make it sorry !

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                      Because every year they change the dates according to what works "best " for everyone.
                      Ps.. I AINT EVERYONE!! But I AM a bow hunter!!!
                      hmmmm , pretty simple to me........since they didn't consider you when making the plans, why would they consider you when you aren't there??? Just sayin..........

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo View Post
                        Wife and daughter just informed me Tuesday that they planned Family pictures and scheduled the photographer for Sunday Morning! Are you freakin kidding me, how long have we been married? How good is the photographer with Photoshop?

LD
                        sounds like a grievous error on THEIR part................i'd have no guilt.

Comment

That is a real bummer. Tell you what...Let me know where your stand is located and I will make sure no one hunts it for you. I will sit there and protect it with my Longbow.

Comment

Man up and just don't go. Don't argue or complain. Just go hunt. Promise you if my daughter goes into labor opening weekend I will tell her God speed and send pics.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Sorry man! I'm really thinking about having Thanksgiving at the lease this year.
                              We've been doing this for 30+ years. We hunt in the AM, everybody shows up and eats lunch. We hunt the PM, eat supper, and they leave.

Works well for everyone.

My wife just knows that I dont attend weddings, reunions, etc on weekends during hunting season and really dont like to attend them outside of hunting season either.

Comment

Got my lock-on hung by 6:06 this morning!!! Had a hog walk to with in 15 yrds while I was getting ready to set up. Had a deer come through about 20 min before shooting light! Off to a great start!

Comment

Working...
                                X