Traditional First Shot Challenge Week 39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional First Shot Challenge Week 39

Samei(sh) as last week but fixed ranged of 19yds. Any position. Broadhead only. Target is a quarter sized X on any surface. Measure shaft edge to center of X.

19 yds...because it wasnt allowed last week and its a good odd prime number. Its 4 yards outside my limit. Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

Mimic your hunting scenario to the best of your limitations. We all have them.

God bless. Good luck.

(It was either this or first posted LDP on Saturday)

Well I'll skip this one fellas. Heads are sharp and in the quiver. New targets and not tearing them up with my broadheads.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Well I'll skip this one fellas. Heads are sharp and in the quiver. New targets and not tearing them up with my broadheads.

BUT

You might get the chance to fulfill this shot challenge on the real deal come Saturday.

I know I'm sure gonna try.

Rick

Comment

Just got back from Fort Worth and the Cowtown Bowmen's Iron Cowpatty shoot. Got 2nd in Trad division in a small field. Nice time. Was mainly an excuse to get in about 100 shots out of my new 70-lb bow. All that driving time got me to thinking about something that Briar might consider adding as a provision to his call. Any deer killed Saturday by one of our trad hunters wins next week's call. If more than one, maybe use shortest track as tie-breaker. If no deer, regular shot winner makes call for next week. I can propose this without conflict because I work Saturday and won't be able to make my first hunt until Sunday. Think about it, Briar; it's up to you.

Comment

Unfortunately we have corn piling up under the feeders. So many acorns and still pretty green here as well. But I will be here regardless. Maybe just sitting in the stand drinking a bud light and swatting the gnats. But I'll be at the ranch. I have an old target there but it will no longer stop a broadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Just got back from Fort Worth and the Cowtown Bowmen's Iron Cowpatty shoot. Got 2nd in Trad division in a small field. Nice time. Was mainly an excuse to get in about 100 shots out of my new 70-lb bow. All that driving time got me to thinking about something that Briar might consider adding as a provision to his call. Any deer killed Saturday by one of our trad hunters wins next week's call. If more than one, maybe use shortest track as tie-breaker. If no deer, regular shot winner makes call for next week. I can propose this without conflict because I work Saturday and won't be able to make my first hunt until Sunday. Think about it, Briar; it's up to you.
            Im game. The LDP avenue was my first choice but I didnt think it would be appreciated...for such a reason as yours. Im still shooting this week, I had already shot yesterday by the time I posted the challenge. My first broadhead shooting session from my Blueridge was invaluable and encouraging...I was indexing yardage on the wrong wood grain on the riser!...Ill see today if my framing adjustment stuck.

Comment

Glad you like the idea, Briar, and were thinking along those lines anyway. Just seems somewhat appropriate for a one-time, opening weekend bonus override provision. Will still have the regular shot if everyone gets skunked.

I guess you may want to clarify if someone can post their first shot on the called shot and still win by killing a deer Saturday. It's what I was thinking, but still up to you, Briar. Otherwise, people may hold off shooting the regular shot.

Comment

I'll shoot mine here shortly. I've been busy and missed the last few FSC's. I shot terrible yesterday, so we'll see...

Comment

Well that went better than expected...all my broadheads are sharp and in quiver. I didn't wanna dull one of mine, but my son had left 3 150 grain Woodsman heads here out of a 6 pack he'd bought. I grabbed one of them that hasn't been sharpened yet and screwed it on. Looks like about 1.25". Now I'm gonna sharpen this head and put it in my quiver too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a good shot.

Comment

Nice shot, CRM! That arrow/broadhead combo definitely earned its place in the quiver!

Comment

I figured why not just use a quarter...

I have not been practicing at 20 for a couple weeks now, nor standing... so my first shot was 2.75" high. (Yes, with a broadhead)

I sat down at 16 on my porch and my 2nd shot with a feild point hit home

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shooting Scott!!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            I figured why not just use a quarter...

I have not been practicing at 20 for a couple weeks now, nor standing... so my first shot was 2.75" high. (Yes, with a broadhead)

I sat down at 16 on my porch and my 2nd shot with a feild point hit home

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                            Love it, Swamp!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot mine sitting. Not as good as CRM, but I don't mind 1-7/8".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X