Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why we can’t have nice things at our lease!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Wonder if people felt the same way on the reintroduction of turkey, deer, elk, etc..?? Those were pretty much wiped out by the top predators. Now there are huntable populations in many areas that there didn't used to be.

I would personally like to see the landscape with as many of the same animals that originally roamed the area. Obviously there are certain limitations due to increased human populations in certain areas. But I don't see a problem with a healthy balance of predators/prey. Would also have to have the ability to control predator numbers to keep that balance.
    Difference between prey animals and predators.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

....YA know, come to think of it, I guess racoon's aren't all THAT bad.

Comment

Yep, just like I said... And squawkin' the loudest are transplants... go figure.

Comment

"I would personally like to see the landscape with as many of the same animals that originally roamed the area"

I only want to see bears if we have the right to control them like the giant raccoons they are.

It's a misconception that "original" is always best.
          Nature is in a constant state of change, not necessarily good or bad. Floods, Fires, disease, or bow wielding apex predators.
          Who's to say what's original anyhow.

Comment

I've never understood why people get so po'd at coons just because they don't comprehend the concept of the corn is for deer, being afraid because a mountain lion or bear might "get you", or deer being a desired target. They're all a PIA, deer coming in and eating my yard and garden down to nubs, skunks dig under the house and import a flea infestation, feral cats- won't even go there. All these critters are here it's up to us to learn their particular habits and use them to our advantage! I'd love to be able to hunt a bear in my home state, don't think it'll happen in my lifetime though, I also think the govt. should leave me alone so I could thin out these stinking rose bush, green peach eating deer around here, and the cats- - still ain't gonna go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post

I am liking my raccoons better!
              Stupid cows suddenly don’t seem so bad either.

Comment

BG...I feel for you...but darn comical. Thwack. Problem solved.

Its strangely familiar...like watching my kids trying to get into my truck bed tools or vanity drawers.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

And I thought our coons where Big lol !!

Comment

Ouch

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
                      there is a bear season in oklahoma
                      We actually had one member this year join just to hunt bear but I won’t pay the out of state license fee for it.

Comment

You can't blame them for the pop ups. Some of those zippers are terrible and I have felt like doing the same thing the bear did to yours.

Comment

I am more impressed the Wildgame Innovation camera works that well!!

Sorry about the bear bad luck. They can be mischievous to say the least...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                            I am more impressed the Wildgame Innovation camera works that well!!

Sorry about the bear bad luck. They can be mischievous to say the least...
                            I’ve had better luck with the WGI cams than the Stealthcams I have used. That WGI camera has been out year round for almost 4 years now.

Comment

It is a bit easy to overlook some of the destruction when you have deer like this showing up on camera too.

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things at our lease!

Except you don’t hunt at night so the buck is safe. Sit back and enjoy the bear show while in the stand. Lol
                                Last edited by triple_duece; 07-10-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X