• Show
Clear All

A Vornado.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vornado.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	24522773

Worth every penny. Won't wake you up turning off and on because the heating element works silently and the fan is continuously on, even when the heating element isn't. Plus you can set to an exact temperature like a thermostat and it will maintain it. Set it and forget it just like your central heat at home.

Comment

Like a lot of folks, I have an older travel trailer at the lease. Everything still works but I DO NOT TRUST the furnace. I use a small "milkhouse" heater from wallyworld and it keeps the chill down in my 24 footer. It shuts off automatically if it is knocked over. That and a warm sleeping bag does the trick.

Comment

Mr Buddy Big Buddy....and a CO monitor just in case..

Comment

I use a small ceramic heater and it has a thermostat and it also has too over protection. I have used this method for 10 years at my current lease.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got 2 electric space heaters that I use and it gets toasty in my trailer.

Comment

Oil heaters are about the safest option.

Comment

Our camper has Dometic brand A/C units that have a heat strip that can be added very easy and they really don't cost that much. It keeps heaters off the floor and we run electric heat instead of the campers furnace.

Comment

My camper is 30' and I run an electric heater. On really cold nights I'll get the electric blanket out and use it inside my sleeping bag. I do not trust that old furnace any more. Plus that furnace will suck the propane when it's really cold. Seems like an electric heater or two keeps it plenty comfy.

Comment

Large can of Ranch Style Beans

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
                      Parabolic dish heater from Costco. Low energy consumption. Never tripped a breaker in my 31' RV. Mice used the furnace for their nesting area. Fire waiting to happen. Several hunters in Foard County died in an RV fire a few years ago from mice nesting in their furnace.
                      Parabolic dish! That’s what I use after warming my cabin up with the propane heater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        How do those work? I know you can feel the heat a good ways away from it when you walk by in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        They work really well. I point it towards the room under my loft and it keeps that area toasty. I never use the high setting unless I’m warming it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          They work really well. I point it towards the room under my loft and it keeps that area toasty. I never use the high setting unless I’m warming it up.

Thanks. I think I need to pick one up.

Our trailer is pretty big with high ceiling and a big slide in the living area. The regular electric heater I have struggles to keep it warm in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use my gas furnace...it does use a bit of gas but it keeps me plenty warm. I also leave a window slightly open and have a couple CO2 monitors in there as well....

Growing up in northern Minnesota, there are always incidents of folks getting sick or worse in their ice fishing house or hunting shack.....not a good thing so be careful....

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Oil heaters are about the safest option.
                              x2 I used one that was about 3 foot long and left it running during long cold spells even when I wasn't there.

Comment

Space heater that shuts of if tipped over.

Comment

Working...
                                X