On the smallish side

So vote no

But if you’re a “meat hunter” and not in a 13” county then who’s to say no

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
      No, he is a very young deer.
      Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      Nope way too young.
      This^^^^ IMO that's 2.5 year old but if he's legal and you want him......

Comment

Very much borderline. I couldn't pull on him this year. There are bigger deer out there.

Comment

No just too close. I understand first kill mentality.

He would make you happy for about a day. Wait it out for mature kill. Will be well worth the wait IMO.

Comment

Pretty sure that is either that deers first or second set of antlers. Not a shooter in my opinion but that ain't worth much lol.

Comment

If you are keeping that property. Let him live great buck in 2-3 years one to brag about!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Not on my place....but it might be on yours
                This

Comment

Id pass. Give a bit to mature.

Comment

I assume you are asking with respect to his width because you're hunting in an antler restriction county... As far as width, he's plenty wide. To me, he don't even look questionable... Now in person, if he makes you think he might not be wide enough, then hold off... pics can be very deceiving...

To me I think he'd be a very fine first buck. He's a dang site bigger than my first deer, and he's bigger 'n my first bow buck... I was very proud to shoot my first deer and that was almost 60 years ago, and I'm still proud to have shot him to this day... If you like him, and you get the chance to make a good shot on him, shoot that sucker and be proud!!

Good luck sir and post up the ldp's!

Comment

he will make 13. if he does IT for you give him the shaft.

Comment

He looks like he'd hit 14 or so. He's really young. Your call. Good luck getting your first buck!

Comment

Wow thanks guys. I am in a restricted county, and this is on my 10 acres. We moved to this house at the beginning of September and I threw up a tree stand and a ground blind back in the woods. Last year was my first year ever to hunt and I got the buck in my profile picture with my brothers AR. I was hooked immediately and knew I had to get a bow and really challenge myself. And oh my have I been challenged! I’m over 70Hrs in the blind or stand this season and have seen a lot of bucks and does. I actually have some really good deer in some pictures, but this is this best I have seen in person. I’m kinda kicking myself I didn’t draw today, but oh well. Maybe one of the big guys will come out next time.

Comment

Where I hunt he is!

Comment

Not in a county with ARs.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                Not in a county with ARs.

Agreed...those young deer will look legal using the ears to judge, but actually aren’t as wide as using the ears to judge on a mature deer. If that makes sense, ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X