No announcement yet.

Hand corning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to take more than a "GI Shower" " Its a joke" I put corn in a zip lock bag with a old coffee can. I never touch the corn. I also hang my camo out side for a week or two. Boots, I walk in the woods, Yard, and don't wear other than to hunt. I also put 4 squares of char coal in each all my boot when I am done using them.

Comment

Rubber boots without scent killer spray is futile. Use a quality scent spray and have dedicated boots to hunt with. Also I stand in front of my stand and toss the corn out of the cup or bucket.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=DRT;12758619]Rubber boots without scent killer spray is futile. Use a quality scent spray and have dedicated boots to hunt with. Also I stand in front of my stand and toss the corn out of the cup or bucket.

Im going todo it this way.

Comment

[quote=Space Ghost;12759544]
          Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Rubber boots without scent killer spray is futile. Use a quality scent spray and have dedicated boots to hunt with. Also I stand in front of my stand and toss the corn out of the cup or bucket.

Im going todo it this way.
          I will point out that the reason for rubber boots is to avoid any real reason to spray them down with scent killer. They are rubber/PVC and don't retain any human odor as long as you rinse em off, etc. Leather or fabric boots retain scent, and you spray them down to get an odor neutralizer soaked into the fabric/skin. Now I do treat the inside, but prefer smoke for this so I don't get the inside of my boot wet.

Anybody who has sprayed a rubber boot with scent killer has watched it bead up and drip off. I find that to be an expensive way to wash ones boots

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

When you can wash away the smell of deer scent on a boot with DDW3D I would say it's working. Beading up or not.

Comment

I bring a 1 gallon bag out with me each hunt and throw it around the pen, front of the blind etc. Try to get the deer to stop if its one I want to shoot.

I have a buddy that will put a small pile of corn right in front of his bow blind with some apple scented stuff from Academy poured over a small pile of his corn and has shot his deer over that pile! I'll be trying it out for the first time this year

If I'm not mistaken this is what it is
              Attached Files
              Last edited by HunterU; 09-25-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I go in once a week and drive to my hand corn spot and get out with my work boots on and dump 50 pounds out. Had a little bit of good luck doing it that way.

Comment

My fellow TBH'ers call this spot on my low fence ranch the yellow brick road. We corn it heavily morning and evening and deer pile out to eat. Sometimes we use the road feeder but most of the time we just pour out of the bag from the back of the ranger.

Have had in excess of 40 WTD out at once and all seem to ignore the feeder when it goes off until all of the hand corn is gone.

We use about 25-30lbs each run
                  Attached Files

Comment

I've found if you work around the area regular, leave a sweaty t shirt at your stand at the end of the weekend and don't just show up the weekend before season to fill feeders and then hunt you'll have more luck. Deer adapt to people.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting me one of those zip-loc body suit for hand Corning. Dan infalt sells them on utube!

Comment

The ole yellow brick road

Comment

DRT is on to something. If you work a place and the deer are used to seeing you and smelling you, they won't be spooked by a little scent. It is a different matter for guys that show up seven or eight times a season on a place where the deer don't come into contact with humans very often.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                            DRT is on to something. If you work a place and the deer are used to seeing you and smelling you, they won't be spooked by a little scent. It is a different matter for guys that show up seven or eight times a season on a place where the deer don't come into contact with humans very often.
                            Yes but if you spend as much time there as I do you may find the deer are easier to get along with than the wife. [emoji19]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Yes but if you spend as much time there as I do you may find the deer are easier to get along with than the wife. [emoji19]

Ain't that the truth!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Did some more hand corning today, hogs were already there and gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X