This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
    I actually received the opposite reaction from one of my buddies who is a die-hard Ohio State fan. He said Meyer is finished and deserves it for lying about not knowing of the situation. Meyer’ Wife would also be let go from the school as well....yes or no? She works for Ohio State also.
    I had one fan threaten to whip my *** for trying to get Meyers fired. Told him Meyers got his own *** fired . Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      It's part of not publicly holding people accountable. If he was ostracized from him community. If he couldn't go anywhere without people turning their backs on him, then we would see change. But as long as it's a "private matter" to be handled in house, it will continue to be a problem.

While that is true, this whole thing wreaks of a certain segment of society where this appears to be accepted behavior.

I can't think of any issue in the world that would get a mans *** kicked by so many people at once in my family. Booze, drugs, theft, atheism, denouncing chicken fried steak, or ordering a medium well steak...all would get you an *** whipping or two, and a few dog cussins. Laying a hand on a female would be the end of a man...RIGHT NOW, FOR GOOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        While that is true, this whole thing wreaks of a certain segment of society where this appears to be accepted behavior.

I can't think of any issue in the world that would get a mans *** kicked by so many people at once in my family. Booze, drugs, theft, atheism, denouncing chicken fried steak, or ordering a medium well steak...all would get you an *** whipping or two, and a few dog cussins. Laying a hand on a female would be the end of a man...RIGHT NOW, FOR GOOD!

Thank you Dale.

If there is one thing that defines being a man, it’s not laying hands on a woman. Ever.

Bob Stoops is rested and ready. I’d find it a lot easier to be a fan if he accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
          Thank you Dale.

If there is one thing that defines being a man, it’s not laying hands on a woman. Ever.

Bob Stoops is rested and ready. I’d find it a lot easier to be a fan if he accepted.

Stoops didn’t seem to mind having a player who knocked the hell out of a woman...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            Stoops didn’t seem to mind having a player who knocked the hell out of a woman...
            But he came back and said he should have been harder on him, because "times had changed", as though it was ok for a "man" to break a woman's face a few years ago....un-real.

Comment

Need not, say more. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Georgia is tearing it up inside the ant bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I forgot Stoops had look-the-other-way issues as well.

Man, tough getting it done in the age of instant information. From politics, Hollywood to sports it’s a tough row to hoe.

Comment

But he came back and said he should have been harder on him, because "times had changed", as though it was ok for a "man" to break a woman's face a few years ago....un-real.
                    Yeah, that was a little chicken sh*t.
                    He probably would have never said anything had the video not been released.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      It’s going to be interesting to see how much difference between Sumlin and Jimbo finish in the rankings over the years. I bet it’s pretty close cause Sumlin recruited well. It has been said that this staff is better built to recruit than coach.

Coach O better lock down the boot!
                      Really..where does the coaching drop off from last year other than special teams? Jimbo wanted coaches that also could recruit. Time will tell but where am I wrong regarding coaching?:
                      Jimbo > sumlin > malzone
                      Elko >= Chavez
                      Turner and price
                      Don't know enough about the other coaches but can't be worse than moorehead for wr
                      Db coach?
                      I believe elko is coaching safeties
                      Dline should be good
                      Drop off maybe at lb coach?
                      Better at RB

Removing the dj from practice should help and the play calling and Chavis were to predictable last year. Sumlin wanted a more balance offense so he ran it up the gut nearly every first down and then again on second down.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                        Really..where does the coaching drop off from last year other than special teams? Jimbo wanted coaches that also could recruit. Time will tell but where am I wrong regarding coaching?:

Jimbo > sumlin > malzone

Elko >= Chavez

Turner and price

Don't know enough about the other coaches but can't be worse than moorehead for wr

Db coach?

I believe elko is coaching safeties

Dline should be good

Drop off maybe at lb coach?

Better at RB

Removing the dj from practice should help and the play calling and Chavis were to predictable last year. Sumlin wanted a more balance offense so he ran it up the gut nearly every first down and then again on second down.

I wasn’t talking about Sumlin vs Jimbo’s staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff won’t be to far ahead of Sumlin’s recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.

Comment

2018 CFB Fall Camp Thread

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                          lol David McWilliams should have burned all the black cleats after the 91 Cotton Bowl !

Hell no...

Glad to see it back... one of my favorite combinations

Comment

Even Mullen can’t stay out of the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                              I wasn’t talking about Sumlin vs Jimbo’s staff in regards to coaching ability. I was talking about the perception his staff is more known for their recruiting ability vs their coaching ability. My point being, this all-star recruiting staff won’t be to far ahead of Sumlin’s recruiting classes since Sumlin did recruit well.
                              Sumlin recruited ok, Jimbo will have top 10 classes.

2018 - Not counting since Sumlin / Jimbo combined (#17 though)
                              2017 - #13
                              2016 - #18
                              2015 - #11
                              2014 - #5
                              2013 - #9

Avg. #11.2

Sumlin dropped off the last 3 years (avg #14), and it's hard to contend in the SEC recruiting outside the top 10.

Jimbo SHOULD, and is expected to recruit better than Sumlin did, like his past record shows.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                Sumlin recruited ok, Jimbo will have top 10 classes.

2018 - Not counting since Sumlin / Jimbo combined (#17 though)
                                2017 - #13
                                2016 - #18
                                2015 - #11
                                2014 - #5
                                2013 - #9

Avg. #11.2

Sumlin dropped off the last 3 years (avg #14), and it's hard to contend in the SEC recruiting outside the top 10.

Jimbo SHOULD, and is expected to recruit better than Sumlin did, like his past record shows.

My point being Sumlin average was 11.2. I bet Fisher’s average will be in the same ball park, maybe a few spots lower.
                                Last edited by Heath; 08-03-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X