SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
    Pfffftttt! I can send you some videos. Teach you a think or two. At least I can still use mine without a pill!
    I don't want to see a video of you playing with your Weiner. Man, you're weird. That pillow talk should be directed to your sweet P main squeeze Daniel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey any of you guys shooting the asa qualifier at buffalo? I'll be shooting Sunday morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be there. And we will shoot Collin county this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You guys shooting both days?

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
            You guys shooting both days?

Nope. Don't know what day yet.

Comment

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

feels like one of those days you need to just find a way to pass the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by dmack; 04-14-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Daniel quit choking your chicken

Comment

OMG - Daniel jumped the shark

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                    SwampRabbit - any details on the turkey killing? I know you had been looking for a placed to go. I guess you found one.
                    Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                    Big time congrats on your turkey SR! I'm definitely jealous
                    Originally posted by dmack View Post
                    So did you get it with your bow? That's tough to do even with a compound
                    And congrats swamp. Pics?
                    Sorry guys for being late on the response. Still recovering from the pretty awesome trip. A buddy I met on a couple TBH hunts invited me up to hunt turkeys with him as he occasionally has them on his place. If that didn't pan out, we'd at least do some bowfishing one night as well.

To make a long story short, the turkeys we did see clearly seemed to have gone through the peak of the mating season about a month earlier. I had read that some folks were reporting that on here, and based on what we saw, I'd say that is what was likely happening where we were. They would respond to calls, but they would just hang up outside of bow range. We decided to ditch the decoys and just see if we could call a few into an thicker area where there was a permanent blind and feeder. The idea was to get them in and then hope they wandered by. One morning, they did just that and we had our opportunity. For the rest of the hunts, they wouldn't even do that. I filled in the lulls in activity with the occasional attempt and miss on some tree rats since where we were hunting there was no closed season.

One night we did some bow fishing. I tell you what, that is some stupid crazy fun. Ended up killing 13 fish within the span of about 3 hours, but I'd say based on how my shoulder feels, I took about 80+ shots. It took me at least 20 before I got my first. Not only were the fish moving, but the boat was drifting pretty good... so you just have to get used to the pace.

Comment

Good for you!
                      There is a learning curve to hitting fish, especially if they're deep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

The new thread...ahhhh...Subbed [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
                          The new thread...ahhhh...Subbed [emoji3]

I guess I am old and dumb. What's this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                            Good for you!
                            There is a learning curve to hitting fish, especially if they're deep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                            I remember just taking the .22 out and shooting in about 3 foot of creek water and having the hardest time ever. I never could adjust. Always needed time to get lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                              I guess I am old and dumb. What's this mean?
                              Just means he's just found the new thread and is checking in. It's ok pea brain. I got you.

Comment

Just means he's just found the new thread and is checking in. It's ok pea brain. I got you.

I feel so lost[emoji15]

Comment

Working...
                                X