No announcement yet.

How do you get rid of dirt dobbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used the aerosol bombs. Set one or 2 off when you are leaving for the weekend. When you come back they shouldnt be so bad. I know they are good for some things but you dont want them inside you trailer.

Comment

Hot Shot No Pest Strips work wonders in my blind. Kills yellow jackets dead and I assume dirt daubers too but I agree that they are beneficial to the area in general.

Comment

catch them and send them my way. my barn is full of black widows. i will never kill another dirt dauber at my place.

Comment

Sky blue paint

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
          Paint everything sky blue
          This is about the third time i've heard this.... Says it keeps away spiders, wasps and all bugs that make a mess on the patio. Has anyone actually painted a patio ceiling or other part of the house sky blue and had it work?

Comment

Thanks for all the info!!!!

Comment

I have an infestation in my barn. They cause a lot of damage. They put nest everywhere, in engines, freezer coils, outboard motors, toolboxes. I would rather have spiders, cause less damage.

Today 07:46 AM
              by Hogdude1234
              53 417
              Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I put moth balls inside of a sock and tie it up and then I put it under the cowling of my boat motor and it keeps them out. The only problem is you need to remember to remove it before starting the engine and they stink. So I dont know if you would want to put them inside the house.

Comment

Dirt Daubers

I am an expert on dirt daubers. Some people refer to them as mud daubers. They are really great creatures. They paralyze spiders and store them in their nest. Awesome!!
                  The best way to get rid of the existing nest is with a lot of water (of course).
                  But. I have experienced the worst pain and misery that any one person should ever endure from these little suckers. I live on the Mississippi Coast now, so I’m sure I got it worse than most people. Just a couple of examples:
                  1. My weed eater wouldn’t start. Dirt daubers in the muffler.
                  2. I own a tire shop. My tire balancer would not calibrate. Dirt daubers inside the machine on the spindle.
                  3. I didn’t use my motor home for a while. Oh my! Dirt daubers in every crevasse you could possibly imagine.
                  4. Dirt daubers in the heating ducts, because it doesn’t get used in the spring.
                  5. Dirt daubers in my brand new storage building.
                  6. Dirt daubers everywhere there is a place for them to get in.
                  Ok, That was more than just a couple of examples. No one can imagine how much time money and effort that dirt daubers have caused me. I’m not exaggerating.
                  After a little research and trial & error. I finally have been dirt dauber free for over a year now. The one product I have found to be 100% effective is Bifen I/T.
                  It is concentrated. I mix it 4 ounces of Bifen I/T to 1 gallon of water. Spray it under your eaves and everywhere they can get in. Spray it around door openings and crevasses. Outside use only. It will last several months. I only sprayed 2 times last year and once so far this year. I bought it on eBay.
                  No, I am not a sales person nor a spokesperson for them. But, I wish I was.

Thanks, Clay Ledkins
                  From Wimberley Texas

Comment

Originally posted by clayledkins View Post
                    I am an expert on dirt daubers. Some people refer to them as mud daubers. They are really great creatures. They paralyze spiders and store them in their nest. Awesome!!
                    The best way to get rid of the existing nest is with a lot of water (of course).
                    But. I have experienced the worst pain and misery that any one person should ever endure from these little suckers. I live on the Mississippi Coast now, so I’m sure I got it worse than most people. Just a couple of examples:
                    1. My weed eater wouldn’t start. Dirt daubers in the muffler.
                    2. I own a tire shop. My tire balancer would not calibrate. Dirt daubers inside the machine on the spindle.
                    3. I didn’t use my motor home for a while. Oh my! Dirt daubers in every crevasse you could possibly imagine.
                    4. Dirt daubers in the heating ducts, because it doesn’t get used in the spring.
                    5. Dirt daubers in my brand new storage building.
                    6. Dirt daubers everywhere there is a place for them to get in.
                    Ok, That was more than just a couple of examples. No one can imagine how much time money and effort that dirt daubers have caused me. I’m not exaggerating.
                    After a little research and trial & error. I finally have been dirt dauber free for over a year now. The one product I have found to be 100% effective is Bifen I/T.
                    It is concentrated. I mix it 4 ounces of Bifen I/T to 1 gallon of water. Spray it under your eaves and everywhere they can get in. Spray it around door openings and crevasses. Outside use only. It will last several months. I only sprayed 2 times last year and once so far this year. I bought it on eBay.
                    No, I am not a sales person nor a spokesperson for them. But, I wish I was.

Thanks, Clay Ledkins
                    From Wimberley Texas
                    Old thread but thanks for the advice!

Comment

Thanks clay,gonna drop the hammer on em in my garage at the deer lease! Never seen so many in one spot

Comment

Speedgoat - that was very interesting. Thanks for posting it.

If the daubers don't bother me, I don't bother them. It's the other fliers that creep me out.

Comment

Working...
                        X