• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

. Nuff said

Comment

I’m starting to think this Tucker kid is a laddies man and had either gotten some wives home late or has daughters crying at home because he won’t call.

Comment

The guys getting paid to play the game at the highest level for a living call him Ted.
          I'll go with their assessment.

Comment

If he doesn't rip the dugout phone off the wall next time he strikes out we should just cut him from the organization. Although if he did that the no intensity argument would flip to him being an immature crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              If he doesn't rip the dugout phone off the wall next time he strikes out we should just cut him from the organization. Although if he did that the no intensity argument would flip to him being an immature crybaby.
              Yep.. Mr.intensity

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                Not on this roster. His bat has not even touched a ball today.

No offense to the followers, friends, and family; but at least display some intensity and motivation. Resembles a Jay Cutler as a baseball player.

Bring Jake back up.
                Well, we were at the game yesterday and for his 1st at bat or game in the Bigs, I thought he done very well. A hit, a walk, RBI, and scored from 1st or second I believe. No eras in the LF, showed a very good arm and great speed running bases and in the OF. He worked the pitcher to a full count on his hit and walk. Pretty good for a debut. He seems to be a cool customer under pressure, didn't seem like the game is to big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  I cant stand that crap....save it for your at bat or studying your opponent a little better.

Besides baseball is a sport where subpar results get you a million $$$$ contract.

Looking at the season batting averages on ChiSox and Stros, there were only 2 batters above 300.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    The guys getting paid to play the game at the highest level for a living call him Ted.
                    I'll go with their assessment.

Not the first guy to be given a nickname after me. His average in the show is about the same as mine in high school, so I can see it, sounds legit. I was at the game today and rumor was Hinch was walking through the crowd asking if anyone had Marisinick’s cell number, just what I heard. Kidding aside, I hope the kid battles through this Stros got big plans for his future.

Comment

Tucker has one of the laziest swings I’ve ever seen. But it just seems that a kid trying to make it in the bigs would do more than jog to first on a ground ball. I don’t understand it, but maybe that’s why I never made it in the show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Well, we were at the game yesterday and for his 1st at bat or game in the Bigs, I thought he done very well. A hit, a walk, RBI, and scored from 1st or second I believe. No eras in the LF, showed a very good arm and great speed running bases and in the OF. He worked the pitcher to a full count on his hit and walk. Pretty good for a debut. He seems to be a cool customer under pressure, didn't seem like the game is to big for him.
                        Let's agree to hold that thought. BA is .100 (Good arm? Good speed? Haven't seen the plays that challenge these skill sets you speak of)

Comment

I remember getting irritated looking at Bregman when he first came up and went 0-18 in his first ab’s. Tucker will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

Looking at the season batting averages on ChiSox and Stros, there were only 2 batters above 300.
                            That is because nobody in baseball pays attention to batting average anymore.

Comment

Look at it this way. Now a days Baseball is being focused around Sabermetrics, which is what Billy Beane did with the A’s, aka Moneyball. One of the factors to do with Sabermetrics is WAR (Wins Above Replacement). This statistic compiles of 6 different components both offensive and defensive (RBI’s, runs scored, runs lost due to grounding into double plays etc, defensive positioning runs, errors, and defensive replacement runs based on playing time). Obviously the higher the WAR the better. Basically anywhere between a 5.0 and 7.0 WAR is an all star level. You look at a guy like Jake Marisnic, yes he passes the eye test with his defensive capabilities, but the guys WAR is a 1.0. Where as Jose Altuve’s WAR is a 4.6 and Mike Trout’s WAR is a 6.9. With all that being said why not call him up right before the all star break? The guys been in the league for a week with 10 at bats. He’s only 21 so yeah he’s probably got some maturing to do but give him a break. Baseball is a game of streaks.

Comment

Double down the left field line to almost double his average

Comment

Working...
                                X