Market down HUGE - Coincindence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooooo SOTU this evening and the markets just happen to be down the biggest in years.... Hmmmm

Really?

I still have 30 more years of dollar cost averaging to go before retirement...need some low times to buy!

Comment

Not down because of the upcoming speech in my opinion. Looks like a soon to come buying opportunity.

Comment

Long overdue correction. Probably people selling off and taking huge profits to take advantage of the new tax laws. When it bounces back in a few days it will go beserk like never before.

Comment

Markets are down 1% today, markets were up 1% in a single day last week. Is this really considered a huge sell off?

Comment

Just down about 1% today. 300 points on the Dow isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Amazon, Berkshire and JP Morgan Chase announced a partnership in the healthcare business. United Health Care stock, and several others plummeted. That had an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Sooooo SOTU this evening and the markets just happen to be down the biggest in years.... Hmmmm

Really?
                It's the end of January tradition

Comment

Scotts Miracle-Gro dropped 15% today... so I bought a little. Why shouldn’t I make money on pot growers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1% is a move, 5% is big......Huge is more than that. Last years' gain is 8000 points, if we gave that up it would be huge...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Really?

If you think this is a big drop, you haven’t seen the gains made this year.
                      Last edited by Lostacresranch; 02-02-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                        If you think this is a big drop, you haven’t seen the gains made this year.
                        I just said down the most in a long time.

But I agree I was over thinking it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          1% is a move, 5% is big......Huge is more than that. Last years' gain is 8000 points, if we gave that up it would be huge...
                          It's down over 6%
                          I'm waiting until it's down 11% before i pump more cash into it

Comment

The average is to see one correction (dip between 10-20%) every year. If we get a 15% correction off the Dow's recent high of 26,616, that would put us at 22,623 (down about 4,000 points). We'll see..... It's been a while since we've had one.

Comment

I just swapped some bonds for stocks in my 401k. Gotta take advantage of RBD (really bad days).

Comment

Working...
                              X