No announcement yet.

The price of used trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy just bought a new 17 3/4 ton 4x4 with all the bells and whistles. He said that I don't need to drive it because I would get me one. I told him its a 17 model right. I will own one for sure. Probably be in 2030 if I'm still alive.

Comment

It is not a good year to buy a vehicle. Normally you can find new trucks on year end closeouts for about the same price as the used ones are selling for. I haven't bothered to even look this year. I figure that the huge demand out of the Houston area has every thing messed up until late next year.

Comment

Yea the used Ford trucks are insane! The new ones too! Lol those prices should be regulated!!

Comment

Truck prices have gotten crazy. My daughter just bought an F150 SC FX4 and paid $53k for it. I could probably sell my 2008 F150 SC for what I paid for it. Think I'll just keep though.

Comment

I have been thinking about getting rid of my 13' F350, but when I start shopping for a new one it makes me think I should keep it till the wheels fall off. Pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              Yea the used Ford trucks are insane! The new ones too! Lol those prices should be regulated!!
              Absolutely not.

Comment

This is why I am driving an 03 with 259,920 miles on it.
                I had planned on upgrading at 300K but I am just going to keep it going for as long as I can.

Comment

I hit 300,000 miles on my 07 Silverado Tuesday. Not sure how much longer I have until I need to bite the bullet on a new one. Not looking forward to paying these prices.

Comment

I looked at a Ford a while ago and wanted a fleet truck since I don't want all the bells. 4x4 power locks and windows and the nicer v8. I had to argue with them to test drive a fleet truck and the price was still not that much under a normal truck. What happened to the base model trucks without all the electronics that break?

Comment

It’s ridiculous. You can thank $70K new trucks for the jacked up used prices.

Comment

It's nuts. Recently wrecked my chevy '09, 2wd, 1/2 ton, work truck with 157k miles on it. Couldn't believe the insurance company gave me $12k for it. Decided I wanted to get something used, that would last, for a decent price. That's not an option anymore. A 3/4 ton, 4wd, work truck with 100k miles on it is still selling for $28-$30k. No way Im paying that kind of money and have a note for a truck that's almost 1/2 way used up.

Best deal I could come up with was ordering an '18, 4wd, 3/4 ton, crew cab, gas chevy work truck. With about $2k in add-ons it came to a touch over $40k. The 1/2 tons are almost the same price for not near the truck. One thing I found while shopping, the work truck models aren't nearly as basic as they used to be. You can save a lot of money if you don't need the $10k chrome trim. But, if you don't want it to look like an oilfield company truck, you have to order it and tweak it a little.

Financed through aggieland credit union at 1.9% for 75 months. Sounds crazy but in 6 years, the truck will be paid off and still worth $30k.

Comment

Look no further than insanely low interest rates for these increases in my opinion. Someone can finance the truck for 7 years and have a real low interest rate to get their payment where they want it, making it slightly affordable for them but screwing the rest of us. Boats are the exact same way as well!!! At least that's what I'm leaning toward.

Comment

There are plenty of guys here making $50k a year, driving a $60k truck towing a $20k Polaris Ranger or a $40k bass boat. Cheap/easy credit, and yahoo's who use it, are driving up prices, just like the $50k a year yahoo's who were buying $400k homes (that should have been $250k homes) 10 years ago on cheap credit before the housing meltdown.

Comment

No offense to anyone that has expensive trucks but it is your fault. When people are paying 75k for a new truck the used truck market is going to also increase. New high end trucks use to be 55 to 65k and just 5 years it is increased over 10% and people continue to buy.

The same thing happens with Side by Sides and boats. Too many people will to finance their hobbies and that is increasing the market price. I can't believe people paying 23k for a side by side that is nothing more than a large go cart. No A/C, no exterior high end paint job, now electric windows actually not windows at all. You can buy a car for that price.

Again i'm just saying that it is all of our faults that we continue to buy these items.

Comment

The price of used trucks

There are decently priced trucks out there, you have to be patient.

I bought a 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB fully loaded Laramie with B&W turnover (never used, lol) with 52k miles in about as immaculate condition as it gets for $39k in Feb 2016.

The exact same truck new was $56k even with the discount I get on Chrysler vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X