Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What firearm (or bow) did you get your first deer with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7mag at 6 years old

Comment

.243 shot young 8 in Brady, funny story dad had me shoot him behind shoulder... feeder leg was in the way... dad said dont worry no way you hit the leg, sure enough bullet blew straight through feeder leg and knocked my first deer and buck down

Comment

Marlin 30AS 30-30, young 8pt chasing a doe in Eastland, probably about 13yo and my first time to ever hunt by myself. Shot at and missed the doe before I saw the buck, then missed him twice before he stopped and I put one in his shoulder, when he turned and ran I shot at and missed him again. the doe ran back through and I shot at and missed her again. 6 shots in about 15 seconds, my dad didn't know if he wanted to be mad or laugh at me.

Comment

700 ADL in .270. I borrowed it from my brother, and later bought it. Still have it and love it.

D

Comment

An old Sako 243 with the Bofors Barrell stamp. Was my grandpa's, then my dad's, now its in my safe. Will be my kids too. Not nearly as accurate as it used to be but I spent alot of hours behind that trigger and still love that gun although it collects dust mostly now.

Comment

Sears and Roebuck 30-30.

Comment

30-30 for me as well

Comment

Parker-Hale .243. 9 Years old.

My two older sons, used this same rifle for their first deer kills as well. And my youngest shot it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He will be next.

One of my most prized possessions handed down to me by my late grandfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Browning BLR 308...a schpike circa 1979 and yes the gun is pointed in a bad direction thanks..

[ATTACH]886540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]886541[/ATTACH]
                    Man that's the good stuff.

Shot my first deer at 10 with a Model 70, 30'06
                    Last edited by UltraMax; 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

7mm-08, 1994

Comment

Remington 1100, 00 buckshot. 1979 in South Alabama running dogs.
                        Last edited by rjtkdplus; 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

What firearm (or bow) did you get your first deer with?

I would have been 12 or 13 so 05-06. 10 pt mule deer across from the cal farleys boys ranch. Marlin 336 .30-30 hit him good on first shot in the lungs but he was still standing so I kept shooting. Emptied that gun on him like a scene from the rifleman. Didnt hit him on any of the other shots I was shaking so bad after the first one. He had to have only been 50-60 yards ran maybe 20 and that was it. Still remember the doe he was following refused to leave and was standing only 30 yards away the whole time we were messing with loading him in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by westtexducks; 12-06-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

1972. Kenedy Ranch. 22-250 Remington Model 700

Comment

Savage Left hand model 110 in 270. Killed a button buck when I was 11.

Comment

an 8 point buck with an old savage .222 with a weaver post scope

Comment

Working...
                                X