jerkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerkey

Needs some ideas for jerky and how to do it ect.

I did jerky in the oven the other day, super easy. Cut into thin slices, use what you want for seasoning I used Tony's. Put a pan in the bottom of the oven to catch any drip, make sure the meat is patted dry before seasoning. Put tooth picks in each strip and hang in the oven on 175 for 4 1/2 hours or until your likeness. My wife even liked it, oh yea crack the oven with a wooden spoon periodically. Hope this helps.

Comment

We buy the box of jerky seasoning from cabelas or academy and follow the directions using our dehydrator, turns out pretty darn good.

Comment

It's definitely cheaper to make your own

Comment

do a search around here. There are plenty of good ones

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
            I did jerky in the oven the other day, super easy. Cut into thin slices, use what you want for seasoning I used Tony's. Put a pan in the bottom of the oven to catch any drip, make sure the meat is patted dry before seasoning. Put tooth picks in each strip and hang in the oven on 175 for 4 1/2 hours or until your likeness. My wife even liked it, oh yea crack the oven with a wooden spoon periodically. Hope this helps.
            This, I leave spoon in oven door to release moisture. This is the tread I used, by Shane

Comment

Working...
            X