• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m at the ranch now.
    Wind just shifted to the north.
    Gonna be a nice morning tomorrow.

Comment

Tomorrow morning should be much better than today as the wind is a little much. You are going to see deer movement improve substantially this weekend as bucks are beginning to stir a little.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

It was cool last Sunday morning, the older bucks were alone but the youngers were still hanging out and playing tough. I did see a lot more activity than the past few prior weekends and acorns are turning brown. Had 1 good buck that would not leave a doe’s side. Where she went we tagged along. The goods about to start gett’n, can’t make this weekend due to daughters softball but good luck to you all.

Tim

Comment

About to that way! Looking forward to the weekend. Have a youth hunter that is going to enjoy himself no doubt.

WS

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Tomorrow morning should be much better than today as the wind is a little much. You are going to see deer movement improve substantially this weekend as bucks are beginning to stir a little.
              Adios,
              Gary
              I hunted 3 times this past weekend and I am amazed at the buck activity. The cold weather had them on their feet and scent checking does. I saw 6 bucks 3 years old or better in 2 sits on Friday evening and Saturday morning. In addition, one was a beautiful 5 year old 8 that I decided to pass. It was a good thing, because after all the activity, I decided to take a doe late on Saturday morning. At the shot, it hit her good behind the shoulder and a little high, bit the arrow did not go all the way through? I never found a speck of blood despite watching her exit with an arrow in her. I am sick and very frustrated. I have a new bow, so I am going to be doing a ton of practice before next time. I am also questioning my broad head. I have used fixed blade Muzzy's for 15 years, but it is extremely frustrating that I could not find any blood with that shot. Good luck to all of you guys.

Comment

Heading that way with RSP first thing in the morning to see how much we can sweat in the stand this weekend. Looking forward to getting in the woods and the hunters ball Saturday night. Hope to see some of you around this weekend for 1 beer to start off with!

Tim

Comment

Anybody got anything new to add?

Comment

I’m headed out Friday after school. Cooler weather will be nice. Peace and quiet...kids have been wild this week.

Comment

It is raining here this morning but looks like we missed most of the rain as it is further north for now. It has cooled off and down in the 40's for highs today. It is supposed to warm up into the 60's tomorrow. I expect there to be quite a bit of rutting activity this weekend.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Heading there in the morning.
                        First time to hunt this year!

Comment

Any Updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Slow evening just a few deer came in for me. Have several on my road right now and saw quite a bit of movement on my way in this morning.

Comment

Going up this Sunday for 5 days. Been seeing a lot of deer. Got one nice buck with the bow an had a lot more shots if wanted. But the deer don’t always stand the right ways lol. I know where I’m at in Menard the rut starts around next week. Anyone seeing signs of rut? Been two weeks since I been up. The smoke pole is coming out to play now.

Comment

I’m in the blind.
                                Had one deer out real early
                                Think it was a doe...too dark to tell.

Hoping to see something good
                                Or one of the culls we have on cam

Comment

Working...
                                X