No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brought home some meat this weekend. Looking pretty green out there. We typically don't run feeders from March-June so it was a weekend full of walking and stalking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just measured and remeasured his good beam at 34.5". I believe it was a body injury that caused this- should he have had a symmetrical right side his antlers would have crossed at the tips

Comment

What a wild axis deer rack!
        Congrats!

Comment

Cool buck, Patton!

Comment

That would make a great skull mount. Nice job!

Comment

Does anybody know if The deer started shedding yet? We got lucky and found a place off Juno road about 5 miles west of 277. Were heading up this weekend to start feeding protein and were hoping we'd be able to get an idea of what's on the place

Comment

I just got back yesterday and some have started shedding and some haven't .

Comment

Should close on a little place next week a few miles down the road from where I believe Mr. Stolle camps. I hope we see some animals worth bragging about so I can contribute something to this thread.

Will have a full plate in front of me. Need to drop electricity, drill well, hammer in septic and arrange some quarters to stay in other than work and play trailer that we are starting off with.

Sounds fun. Have seen several herds of spots on the place while touring and 1 nice whitetail.

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
                    Should close on a little place next week a few miles down the road from where I believe Mr. Stolle camps. I hope we see some animals worth bragging about so I can contribute something to this thread.

Will have a full plate in front of me. Need to drop electricity, drill well, hammer in septic and arrange some quarters to stay in other than work and play trailer that we are starting off with.

Sounds fun. Have seen several herds of spots on the place while touring and 1 nice whitetail.

Welcome to Sutton County.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Brought home some meat this weekend. Looking pretty green out there. We typically don't run feeders from March-June so it was a weekend full of walking and stalking.

Great axis and beautiful pics as always! Congrats Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                        Welcome to Sutton County.
                        Thank you sir! My wife, kids and I can't wait to get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
                          Does anybody know if The deer started shedding yet? We got lucky and found a place off Juno road about 5 miles west of 277. Were heading up this weekend to start feeding protein and were hoping we'd be able to get an idea of what's on the place

Everything had horns a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like I hunt a couple of miles past you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Following for a possible opening. Thanks

Comment

That axis is cool looking Patton. Are you gonna euro it?

Comment

Thank y'all, gentlemen. He is going to make a nice euro.

Of course, the biggest animals are usually seen on the drive home. This guy was right at HWY 41 and 335, probably close to 30+" wide. Looks like that doe has been giving some piggy back rides as well..

Last edited by Patton; 02-28-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X