No announcement yet.

Green Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I'm sure your buying rec's. But that makes no difference. Every kilowatt produced by ANY means goes into the grid. What you buy is a negotiated "membership" that gives you the low price. That's all.
    As far as coal being dirty, do some research on the new epa regs that we have to go by before you spew your crap about air pollution. When you know why coal plants have already or are in the process of upgrades then let me know. Educate yourself some before you show your true colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
      No I'm sure your buying rec's. But that makes no difference. Every kilowatt produced by ANY means goes into the grid. What you buy is a negotiated "membership" that gives you the low price. That's all.
      As far as coal being dirty, do some research on the new epa regs that we have to go by before you spew your crap about air pollution. When you know why coal plants have already or are in the process of upgrades then let me know. Educate yourself some before you show your true colors.
      And in most ISO/RTO's, every megawatt of wind or solar capacity has to be backed up by traditional (coal, natgas, nuke) generation to provide reliability (the "R" in ERCOT) when the wind doesn't blow or the sun doesn't shine. So this duplication also raises costs of delivering power to the average consumer.

Comment

It doesn't matter. I'm not arguing with him about it anymore. He won't change his mind. Just like every dam crying *** lib I know, he will troll and whine at everything till he gets his way.

Comment

And then there's ethanol.

Comment

does anyone know if wind power is paying their money to landowners and towns. I was told this weekend that landowners and the town of Jacksboro are not being payed by the wind companies like they were supposed to. I know nothing on how the money works. I do know that those dam big fans are ugly and should not be subsidized.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
              That is a pretty ridiculous bit of demagoguery. Coal-generation is heavily subsidized, as it's allowed to emit ridiculous amounts of greenhouse gases and pollutants without paying for it. It takes objectivity and integrity to not ideologically dismiss the widely accepted science behind this.

Personally, I hope to see a heavily subsidized, wide-scale deployment of small modular reactors in the coming decades to help accelerate the demise of coal.
              And, you believe the people in charge weren't smart enough to buy off the scientists....that's cute. If you read all the syllables I wrote, I didn't say I agreed with coal subsidies. It's all a scam with people associated with D.C. being enriched by our utility payments. I know two different scientists in differing fields who receive [admittedly] bogus grant money of which, they personally keep 33%. I asked them what they have to do for the money and both explained, they have to achieve the results desired by the Bureau authorizing the grant. I asked, "Doesn't providing knowingly false or misleading information weigh on your conscience?" One responded, "It would until you realize, they are shopping for subject authorities to deliver results they desire. If I don't do it, the next guy will. I may as well be the one well-paid for it." The other had a similar justification. The results you cite are bought and paid for and you are ignorant enough to believe it. That's not my fault.

Comment

Wind power is a failed experiment. After billions in subsidies and tax breaks over 2 decades, it produces less than 6% of electricity generated in this country. Figuring in the subsidies of tax money, It cost 52 times more to generate a megawatt of power from wind than natural gas, and turbines last 15 years then have to be replaced. Most of them are at the end of that time, so that will require replacement costs of billions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                  Wind power is a failed experiment. After billions in subsidies and tax breaks over 2 decades, it produces less than 6% of electricity generated in this country. Figuring in the subsidies of tax money, It cost 52 times more to generate a megawatt of power from wind than natural gas, and turbines last 15 years then have to be replaced. Most of them are at the end of that time, so that will require replacement costs of billions.

Be careful. A Varmint will call you a demagogue for speaking truth like that.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    And then there's ethanol.
                    Ethanol...where to begin.

Comment

Green Energy

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                      Be careful. A Varmint will call you a demagogue for speaking truth like that.

That's expected from zealots. But facts are facts. And the FACTS prove that wind energy after 2 decades is failure as an economic producer of electricity. Harping on how much one person benefits from others tax dollars is self serving, but that's all. It doesn't change the fact that for the subsidy dollars poured into wind, we get less energy than any other...nuclear, natural gas, oil or coal. The entire amount of energy generated by wind is less than 6% of our needs. It wouldn't keep LA in A/C for one hot summer week without using other methods to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
                        That's expected from zealots. But facts are facts. And the FACTS prove that wind energy after 2 decades is failure as an economic producer of electricity. Harping on how much one person benefits from others tax dollars is self serving, but that's all. It doesn't change the fact that for the subsidy dollars poured into wind, we get less energy than any other...nuclear, natural gas, oil or coal. The entire amount of energy generated by wind is less than 6% of our needs. It wouldn't keep LA in A/C for one hot summer week without using other methods to back it up.

You got it. It doesn't take much looking at the process undertaken to realize the windmills are subsidized. I have watched this from start to about 90% completion and every component used is top notch, the equipment is brand new and overkill is the name of that game. There is no "budget" to follow whatsoever. Being that, every promise we have been made has been broken with impunity, I would wager we are being purposefully kept in the dark by these snakes. It is an insidious problem to be sure and as you stated, reaping the benefits of it IS self-serving. That's why he has not responded. Facts hurt his feelings.

Comment

Its not working....but it feels like the right thing to do, and for that we should continue.

Thats what Im getting outta this.

Comment

Green Energy

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Its not working....but it feels like the right thing to do, and for that we should continue.

We are 20 trillion in debt. Dumping billions more into an unbelievable failure is not what we should do. I don't care how good it makes someone feel.
                            In 2015, our losses where up to 2.2 billion, with another 30 billion in default.

Now it's higher, and the majority of turbines need replacing. Many are just shut down to rot, companies go bankrupt, and WE get hung with millions in clean up.
                            Last edited by Lostacresranch; 07-31-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Everyone should understand, this is not about "green" energy. That is a smoke screen. This is an enrichment device used to line the pockets of liberals and Centrists. They know we will argue until the Earth stops spinning about the merits of a transparently flawed practice. Meanwhile, they make an end-run around us with sacks of cash stolen from our Treasury. It is a scam pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post

yep, it's nothing more than a boondoggle to enrich a few at the taxpayers expense. it is very inefficient for what it cost vs what it produces.

oil, natural gas and coal can't be beat when it comes to efficiency.

Comment

Working...
                                X