Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massey View Post
    [ATTACH]932101[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932102[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932103[/ATTACH]I’ve been hunting Corp land for 30 years, and never had a real problem with anyone. Someone might leave a corn bag or water bottle, but I could just pick it up and move along. 3 years ago these guys showed up at B6, and they’re a wrecking crew. They leave a path of cut down trees and trash every where they go. I’ve found a dozen spots where they’ve hunted and they just leave a pile of trash. They gutted a deer Friday and left those gloves right in the middle of the trail. Guys like these are going to cost us the privilege of this land. Pick up your trash guys. It’s not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That [emoji90] P's me off!! See it more when Im fishing. People just leave their bait containers, diapers, beer cans/bottles, fast food containers and fish carcasses laying along the shoreline. SMH!! I usely have a shopping sack or 2 on me and will pick it up and toss it away, because I do care 1, about having the privilege to fish, for free (or a small day use fee) and mostly I clean it up because I care about the environment and wildlife that could negatively be effected by peoples negligence.
    Though someone on, think it was Texas Backcountry Hunters and Anglers told me that it can be illegal to clean up trash without a permit in some areas

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gloves for cleaning deer and a mess. Sad

Comment

[ATTACH]932101[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932102[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932103[/ATTACH]I’ve been hunting Corp land for 30 years, and never had a real problem with anyone. Someone might leave a corn bag or water bottle, but I could just pick it up and move along. 3 years ago these guys showed up at B6, and they’re a wrecking crew. They leave a path of cut down trees and trash every where they go. I’ve found a dozen spots where they’ve hunted and they just leave a pile of trash. They gutted a deer Friday and left those gloves right in the middle of the trail. Guys like these are going to cost us the privilege of this land. Pick up your trash guys. It’s not hard.

Is it the guys in a loaded down tundra? I used to hunt that area and could find their spots from the trail of cigarette butts they would toss on the ground.

Comment

Probably the same idiots that bushwhacked through the woods from one trail to the next without realizing that they could’ve just used a different entrance.

They marked the trail with rubber gloves... or at least I thought they were rubber gloves. Needless to say I didn’t look, touch or get close enough to tell what kinda latex it was [emoji1785]. The night I shot my buck they had gotten lost and were making all sorts of racket. If it’s the same group, they also leave bottles of **** all over as well. I don’t mind cleaning up a mess sometimes but that one isn’t being touched by me!

Pee out of a tree! Studies show it doesn’t scare deer and then you don’t have to make some poor cleanup guy sick.

Comment

Maybe report the location/suspected to the COE office?

Comment

Originally posted by hrallen50 View Post
              Is it the guys in a loaded down tundra? I used to hunt that area and could find their spots from the trail of cigarette butts they would toss on the ground.
              There’s about 6 of them at times, and two of them drive Tundras. I don’t know if it’s just one of them, or all of them causing the problems, but I know it’s from their group. They’re nice as can be, but have 0 respect for the land.

There’s also a guy that drives a Tundra that is not in that group.
              Last edited by Massey; 11-05-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Probably the same idiots that bushwhacked through the woods from one trail to the next without realizing that they could’ve just used a different entrance.

They marked the trail with rubber gloves... or at least I thought they were rubber gloves. Needless to say I didn’t look, touch or get close enough to tell what kinda latex it was [emoji1785]. The night I shot my buck they had gotten lost and were making all sorts of racket. If it’s the same group, they also leave bottles of **** all over as well. I don’t mind cleaning up a mess sometimes but that one isn’t being touched by me!

Pee out of a tree! Studies show it doesn’t scare deer and then you don’t have to make some poor cleanup guy sick.
                Might be the same ones. They widened some of our small trails big enough to drive a golf cart through. We liked them thick to keep traffic out, but now you can drive back there.

Comment

Some people just have no respect for one another smh...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be a spot for the Backcountry group after the season, clean it, and post signs.

Comment

Really hate it when people trash the place and will never be able to comprehend why they do it!

Comment

Got me a doe yesterday evening. Shot was quartered to me and the arrow went right where I wanted it to. She made it about 50 yards before crashing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3667.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24559431Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3666.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24559432

Comment

Sorry about the sideways pics not sure how to fix them.

Comment

Well I’m stuck like chuck. Didn’t realize how wet it was down here this morning until I was already here. Got stuck trying to turn around. Already called a wrecker.
                            Congrats BIH on the doe

Comment

Originally posted by Bow in Hand View Post
                              Got me a doe yesterday evening. Shot was quartered to me and the arrow went right where I wanted it to. She made it about 50 yards before crashing. [ATTACH]932234[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932235[/ATTACH]
                              Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the doe BIH. Sorry to hear your stuck Ender. Did you get out?

Comment

Working...
                                X