Help with large prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with large prints

Looking to get some of my photos printed large like on canvas or something else. Since most of which are astrophotography I think it needs to be high resolution. Does canvas printing have high enough res to show all the stars? Or is it better to have it printed on high quality paper and framed nice?
    Also where the best place is to have it done. I assume online somewhere.

Some photos for example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	25130402Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0397.jpg
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	25130403Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9359.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	25130404

I would think canvas texture would cause a lose of detail with those stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used Meridian Professional Imaging (meridianpro.com) For many years. Fantastic!

Comment

You should check out the metal prints. I use Bay Photo. They are really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby Brown View Post
          You should check out the metal prints. I use Bay Photo. They are really good.
          That where they print it out on a sheet of aluminum? I saw that online last night.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
            I would think canvas texture would cause a lose of detail with those stars.

That's kinda what I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
              That where they print it out on a sheet of aluminum? I saw that online last night.

Yup. They’re pricy but worth it.

Comment

Not much help here but awesome ideas for photos. My stepdad and stepbrother are linemen and that transmission line at night is cool, never seen anything like that.

Comment

I use Holland Photo and Imaging in Austin. They do all types of prints on all types of materials. Might call them and get their take on what would work the best with your photos.

Comment

I use either nations lab or full color for my prints we sell. Full color is in dallas and has very fast turnaround times. Both web based. A metallic finish on those could really cool.

Comment

Thank y’all for the input! I’ll be checking those out

Comment

I do photography and have an account on Millers Professional Imaging (printing and print products site for photography businesses). You can sign up on there (free) or I can give you a screenshot of their prices without any markup. They price it so that the photographers can mark it up for clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Caneycreek View Post
                          I do photography and have an account on Millers Professional Imaging (printing and print products site for photography businesses). You can sign up on there (free) or I can give you a screenshot of their prices without any markup. They price it so that the photographers can mark it up for clients.

Awesome I’ll probably end up signing up as I’m sure I’ll be having several printed. If you wouldn’t mind PMing me that screenshot I would appreciate it greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                            Awesome I’ll probably end up signing up as I’m sure I’ll be having several printed. If you wouldn’t mind PMing me that screenshot I would appreciate it greatly.

If you can’t get signed up without a tax ID or something let me know and I will see if I can help you out. The places I use are the same kind of thing and don’t mind you ordering direct through my accounts. Don’t mean to step on caneys toes. Just don’t mind helping you out.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyt79 View Post
                              If you can’t get signed up without a tax ID or something let me know and I will see if I can help you out. The places I use are the same kind of thing and don’t mind you ordering direct through my accounts. Don’t mean to step on caneys toes. Just don’t mind helping you out.

Ok good deal. The metal ones really have my interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X